Chapter 54: Mother and Son

[Y/N POV]

I had kept my eye on Diana since she got that letter back from her family and noticed her behaviour. She seemed a bit more clingy than before. I know Diana always liked being around me and loved me very much. This was different.

She was afraid of losing me I think. Something I had told her many times that wouldn't happen.

Y/N: I-I'm worried about Diana. Sh-she's changed a lot since I met her.

Avery: You have had an effect on all of us!

Mary: Not a bad effect!

Avery: I never meant that!

Y/N: I-I know you didn't. B-But I feel Diana i-is losing her touch. O-or am I over thinking it?

Blair: I think you might be overthinking it slightly. But I guess you are just looking out for her!

Y/N: Y-yeah I am. I-I try to l-look out for all of you!

Avery: I'd say you're definitely doing a good job!

The other two girls agreed and I smile.

Y/N: I-I'm g-glad you're all saying that. I-I find it difficult to c-comprehend that s-so many of y-you fell i-in love with me!

Blair: I wouldn't be surprised!

Mary: Yeah! You have a certain charm that made us all fall for you!

They all hug me and I proceed to return it. I still had my worries about Diana. I had to talk to someone about this.

~

Holbrooke: I too have noticed Diana's shift in behaviour. Do not worry about it Y/N. It is only natural for these things to happen when someone is in love.

Y/N: I-I suppose.

Holbrooke: I did hear about all those letters that they sent. To get approval from their families means so much. I can see why Diana has become this way. All you have to do is continue the way your relationship is going. She will settle again.

Y/N: Y-yeah ok. Thank you. I-I just d-don't want her t-to get too distraught over all this.

Holbrooke: She'll find her way Y/N. Maybe you will need to be the one to guide her!

Me? Guide Diana? I never thought I would hear that!

Y/N: Woah wait hang on. M-me, g-guide her?

Holbrooke: Haha! I'm serious! Diana might be a prodigy in magic, but when it comes to things like this I think you'd be the best person. Being the one she loves and trusts the most.

She probably had a point. But I think that Diana would be able to get through this.

I would be there though of course.

Y/N: Th-thanks. I-I just thought I needed some guidance of my own because I've never dealt with something like this.

Holbrooke: This is all new for us all Y/N. It has been...challenging to accommodate to having a boy here. Not that you have been any trouble! It's just the staff didn't think you would be here very long. Then they saw your magical ability. This is so strange.

Y/N: I-I agree.

Holbrooke: Not knowing you had magical powers for so long is strange. And the fact that it all came so naturally to you is most interesting. There is something else that we are missing I think.

Y/N: M-maybe.

Holbrooke: But that is for another time Y/N. Go on now. Oh and before I forget, there is a new teacher joining us soon. Just thought I'd let you know!