Chapter 49: Improving

[Y/N POV]

With the festival a matter of days away now, the planning was becoming more and more intense.

Ever since the incident with the mirror and wanting to prove Diana wrong, Akko had been taking this all very seriously. Not that I had any complaints.

If she could prove to everyone that she could be the moonlit witch instead of Diana, then everyone would definitely have to leave her alone.

Because clearly everyone would not listen to me, even though I have stuck up for her multiple times in the past.

Akko: I still don't know why everyone has to always make Diana seem more than she really is!

Y/N: Sh-she i-is a prodigy Akko.

Akko: She might be! But surely doesn't it bother you too Y/N? You're as great at magic as her! If not better!

Y/N: I-I'm n-not as good as her Akko. I'm just here because I was offered a place to stay. I-it just so happens that I managed to discover all these p-powers while I was at it.

Akko: So once this year is over you're gonna leave?

Y/N: W-what?! N-no!

Lotte: H-he wasn't implying that Akko.

Y/N: W-where would I go Akko?! I-if I left I wouldn't have anywhere to go!

Akko: I-I know. S-sorry.

Y/N: I-it's fine. I know things have been stressful lately.

Akko stands up and walks over to me and hugs me.

Akko: I-I shouldn't have assumed what you were thinking.

Y/N: L-like I said, i-it's fine. I know how much is on your mind right now.

Lotte: At least we are managing to make progress with all this!

Sucy: Yeah, only because Y/N is here to keep us in check.

Y/N: D-don't you three see i-it as an insult though? I-I reckon you could have done all this!

Akko: It does seem a bit insulting.

Lotte: But we aren't really complaining! We get to spend more time with you!

Lotte then also walks over and joins in the hug. I look over at Sucy and smile at her.

Y/N: D-do you want a hug Sucy?

Sucy: With you yeah. But only you. I'd rather hug you when it is just us.

Lotte: Come on Sucy! We're sharing the same boy! It can't hurt to join in a group hug right?

Sucy looked like she was considering it and eventually stood up and walked over. She slithered her way through to her close to me and smiles.

Sucy: I'm sure I could probably get used to it.

She kisses my cheek and puts her head on my shoulder.

Sucy: I second what the others said. I'm happy that I get some time with you. Diana, Hannah and Barbara always seem to be around you.

Akko: It's not fair! Just because he met Diana first means he stays with them the whole time!

Y/N: A-Again, I didn't have any day if that's what you want to hear.

Akko: We know you didn't.

Lotte: Are you happy Y/N?

I look at Lotte and nod my head.

Y/N: O-of course I'm happy! All you girls have made my life worth living! I-I f-feel at home here.

I chuckle slightly.