Chapter 14: Assistant

Y/N POV

I had a lot to think about. What my father said the other day, about me being wrong about the skill of the girls here.

I knew he was wrong! It was proven by the dedication of Akko to learn, the composure and nobility that Diana brings. And the finesse of Amanda.

This was what I saw in all of the girls here. Eager to learn, understanding what they need to do better and bringing their own personalities into the magic.

It was inspiring!

Akko: I will be able to fly! Just watch me!

Speaking of dedication, I decided that it would be good to cheer on Akko in her attempts to master flight.

Although now it had been three days since our 'moment' in town, everyday in our spare time was spent trying to get her in the air.

Y/N: C-come on Akko! Y-you can do it!

She looks at me with a small pink blush on her face. But nevertheless she smile largely at me.

Akko: Thank you Y/N! At least someone is encouraging me!

Amanda: Akko, we've been out here three days in a row! And you haven't made any progress.

Y/N: Y-you're s-still here though!

Amanda: Yeah well only because you are.

I freeze and stare at Amanda who realises what she said and begins to blush.

Amanda: D-did I really say that?!

I nod my head as she looks away.

Amanda: I-I'm n-not lying you know. I-I like being around you!

I began to blush as well when she said that. We look each other in the eyes for a second before looking away.

Akko: Come on! Fly already!

I turn my attention back to Akko who was now gripping onto her broom and jumping up and down.

Lotte: You know Akko, you have to concentrate when it comes to flying a broom! It won't fly unless you feel flight! You can't order it around!

Akko nods her head and takes a deep breath.

Akko: Tia freyre!

Nothing happens. Akko pouts with frustration and throws her broom. Unfortunately at me, and this time I wasn't fast enough to move out of the way.

Y/N: OW!

It hits me on the head and a panicked Akko runs over and throws her arms around me.

Akko: OH MY GOD Y/N! I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HIT YOU!

I put my arms around her.

Y/N: I-its o-ok. I-I've had worse.

She holds me tight and takes her hand and rubs my head.

Akko: Is it sore?

Y/N: N-no. B-but i-it will be if you keep rubbing it.

She stops and looks down at the ground.

Y/N: I-I appreciate the effort.

She looks back up at me and smiles.

Amanda: This is the second time you've attacked poor Y/N with your broom Akko!

I don't think she heard her. Akko was staring into my eyes with a pink blush dusting her cheeks.

Y/N: A-Akko?