Chapter 8: Anger and Love

Y/N POV

Y/N: "S-so I-I n-need extra g-guidance?"

Holbrooke: "Precisely. We have already thought about it all. Diana is going to do study sessions with you and also once a week you will have to extra lessons with Professor Ursula."

I nod my head.

Holbrooke: "Also, what I said before about your powers attracting unnecessary attention to you; don't be surprised if Miss Kagari and her friends keep checking up on you. I have told them to keep an eye on you."

I yet again nod my head. I felt kinda restricted with all these eyes on me all the time. But also really safe.

Y/N: "I-I u-understand."

Holbrooke: "Good. Now go on Y/N enjoy the rest of your day."

Y/N: "Th-thank you. Y-you too."

I stand up and walk out of her office. I kept on walking not sure where I was going but eventually stopped and sat down outside on a bench. The sun was slowly disappearing under the horizon. I took my wand and just looked at it.

Y/N: "I wonder what I will be able to do with this thing."

I point it at the sky and energy shoots out of it and explodes in the air like fireworks.

Y/N: "Woah haha. That's so cool!"

Elfriede POV

The sunset looked really lovely today. I sat there thinking about the sudden appearance of Y/N here at school. He seemed nice enough but I still didn't know what to think about it. I looked to my left and saw him sitting on a bench looking at his wand. He must have just got out here. I wanted to go over and talk to him but I'm too shy to go over to him on my own.

Elfriede: "Come on Elfriede! He's shy too! Just go over and say hi!"

I watched as he pointed his wand into the sky and saw energy burst out and explode like fireworks.

Elfriede: "So pretty!"

Y/N: "Woah haha. That's so cool!"

I smiled as I got confident and walked over to him.

Elfriede: "H-hey Y/N!"

He jumps slightly and turns to look at me.

Y/N: "O-oh h-hey ummm Elfriede r-right?"

I nodded my head. I was so happy that he remembered me!

Elfriede: "W-what are you doing out here by yourself?"

Y/N: "J-just. I-I don't really know."

Elfriede: "M-mind if I join you?"

Y/N: "O-of course."

He shuffles over and makes space for me to sit down. I sit down next to him and watch him stare into the distance.

Elfriede: "T-there's been rumours going around that you are in danger. Is this true?"

He looks at me and nods.

Y/N: "Y-yeah. H-how do you know?"

Elfriede: "I overheard Akko and Amanda talking about it today. They said that they had to keep an eye on you. C-can I ask why?"

Y/N thinks for a moment before replying.

Y/N: "A-apparently t-there are people o-out there w-who could e-exploit m-my magic. I-I'm not sure how b-but m-my magic is quite p-powerful according to the headmistress. O-or will be with practice."

I looked on in awe. It really was true! He is going to be the most powerful magic user here. Even better than Diana maybe! But then that thought of exploiting his magic. Who would do that? And why?