Chapter 13: Nightfall

Y/N POV

It took a few days but eventually I was walking on my own accords again. It had taken a bit of doing and falling over a couple of times, but thanks to my girlfriends I had recovered really quickly.

I managed to speak to Amanda and the others about what they had left me the other day. Amanda though pulled me to one side and seemed rather upset.

Amanda: "I feel really stupid."

Y/N: "W-what? Why?"

Amanda: "Because you know. I only wrote that note and the other two actually made things for you."

I put my hand on her shoulder and give her a small smile.

Y/N: "L-look. A-although i-it was really nice th-that Constanze and Jasminka made those things f-for me, I-I r-really don't m-mind that you didn't. Showing y-your s-support means a whole lot t-to me. Thank you."

A small smile spreads across Amanda's face as she wraps her arms around my neck.

Amanda: "I'm glad that you think that Y/N. And, you're welcome."

She stares into my eyes as I can feel a blush forming on my face. Soon I can see her face turning a slight shade of pink. She pulls away and scratches the back of her head.

Amanda: "W-well u-ummm, thanks again Y/N. I-I'll let you get on with what you wanted to do now. See you later!"

She turns on her heels and walks away leaving me stood on the spot. Soon though I came to my senses again when someone called out my name.

Barbara: "Y/N! There you are!"

I turn around and standing behind me was Barbara with a big smile on her face.

Y/N: "H-hey."

She walks up to me and pulls me into a hug.

Barbara: "I'm glad that I could find you, I have a question."

Y/N: "A-ask away."

Barbara: "D-don't tell Hannah, but there's an event to do with Nightfall in town tomorrow and I really wanna go. C-can you come with?"

Y/N: "I-I m-mean sure. B-but w-why don't you w-want Hannah to know? A-aren't you two like b-best friends."

Barbara: "We are. But she doesn't like Nightfall and I love it, so that's the only thing that we would disagree on."

Y/N: "B-but s-surely i-if she was a t-true friend she wouldn't judge you for what you love."

Barbara: "Maybe. B-but I'm just scared."

I can understand where she was coming from. If that was her choice then I would respect it. I squeeze her slightly and feel her rest her head on my shoulder.

Y/N: "L-like I said, I-I'll happily go with you."

Barbara lifts her head up off my shoulder and plants her lips on mine. Pulling away, she has the biggest smile on her face that I had ever seen and I could feel my face getting warmer and warmer.

Barbara: "Thank you Y/N! I knew I could count on you!"

Y/N: "A-anytime!"

~~Time Skip~~

This was going to be hard. Why I hear you ask. Because it turned out that Hannah was tagging along because the two of them were initially just going to do shopping. But now with Barbara also wanting to look at this event that was going on, keeping Hannah in the dark wouldn't be easy.

Y/N: "Don't worry about it too much Y/N. Barbara will tell you what needs to happen.

Barbara POV