Chapter 3: A New Beginning

Y/N POV

I woke up with a start as I looked at my surroundings. I was still in the classroom that I was left in last night. I sighed with relief. Yet again my sleep was interrupted by nightmares of memories that scar my mind. I was sweating a lot, but I eventually calmed down and took a moment to compose myself. I guessed the day had already started as the sun was already up. I looked at the clock and it showed that the time was 10:00. There was probably still some time until the headmistress would come and get me, so I got changed into the clothes that I was given. The clothes were simple but comfortable. Better than the clothes I was wearing, I kept everything that I had together as I sat down on one of the rows and waited for Headmistress Holbrooke to return. A little while later she did return, she looked up at me and smiled.

Holbrooke: "Good morning Y/N! How did you sleep?"

Y/N: "N-not t-too well..."

I looked down and she looked at me with a worried look in her eyes.

Holbrooke: "What happened?"

Y/N: "I-I h-had a n-nightmare..."

My words trailed off as she looked at me with a sympathetic look.

Holbrooke: "Don't worry Y/N, it will take time to recover from your past experiences. In fact the scars in your mind may never fully heal. But I want you to know that the teachers here are going to help you in any way they can. They know what you have been through and they want to help you."

This made me feel better. For the first time in years, there were people who wanted to take care of me. It made me feel happy. It made me feel wanted. A few tears left my eyes as I looked back at the headmistress with a smile on my face.

Y/N: "T-thank you. Thank you so much."

She smiles at me again.

Holbrooke: "No one deserves to live like that Y/N. I promise your safe here. You are a student here now meaning you are under our protection. Welcome to Luna Nova."

My smile grows bigger, bigger than it had probably ever been before.

Y/N: "Y-you're very k-kind."

Holbrooke: "If there is anything we can do to make it more comfortable here for you then you can tell us!"

I nod my head as I stand up.

Holbrooke: "Come Y/N, we would like to introduce you to someone."

I nod my head again as I follow her out of the room

Diana POV

Akko was yet again complaining about how boring the school was. She did this the other day with the Shiny Rod. It all turned out to be fake. I knew such silly things would end up her embarrassing herself. But she did help with the memorial tree, so maybe there was more to it. My roommates Hannah and Barbara were with me as we watched Akko complain to Lotte and Sucy.

Hannah: "Ugh! I can't believe they let someone like her into this school!"

Barbara: "I know! She has no knowledge of any types of magic apart from that show magic that Shiny Chariot used to do!"

Hannah: "That stuff is for kids!"

I could only nod in agreement. We were approached by Professor Finnelan who hadn't been looking too good today.

Finnelan: "Ah afternoon Miss Cavendish. I hope I'm not interrupting you."

I glance back at Akko who was still on a rant.

Diana: "Not at all Professor. What can I do for you?"

Finnelan: "W-well, the headmistress has requested that you go to her office. She needs you for something."