Chapter 86: The New Nine Witches

[Y/N POV]

We all watched as Akko happily spun around and giggled happily. After all this time she had spent pursuing the seven words, it was great to finally see her accomplishing her goal and most of all, properly meeting Chariot.

But we were all interrupted by the sound of a loud blaring alarm.

Akko: Huh? What's that sound?

However, I heard Chariot gasp next to me which made me turn to look at her.

Y/N: Professor? What's wrong?

She didn't say anything and walked over to a phone that was laid down on the ground. Picking it up, she held it so I could see. What I saw, made my eyes widen.

Y/N: Is that...a missile?

Akko: What?!

Everyone quickly tried to gather around to see for themselves.

Croix: Seriously? My magic beast possessed that thing?!

Akko: What those little black cubes?

Croix: Yes. The ones I made to collect the noir fuel spirit...

She tried tapping on the screen, but a message popped up saying 'ACCESS DENIED'.

Croix: Damnit! I'm not able to access it anymore!

Y/N: Great!

Chariot brought out her wand, and projected the image into the air so we could all see it better.

Amanda: This has gotta be a joke right?!

Lotte: W-why is this happening?!

Croix: The hatred in peoples hearts...it's more than I was expecting...

Y/N: Well...everyone in the town has been really unsettled recently. The protests speak for that. How could it be more than you were expecting?

She sighed and looked down at the floor.

Croix: When I put my plan into action and started gathering everyone's negative emotions, it was before all that happened. I couldn't predict that any of these protests would happen.

I guess she did have a point. I gently patted her shoulder, which made her raise her head.

Y/N: Yeah you make a good point. That's fair enough. Sorry.

Croix: You don't need to apologise. I have to be the one to do that. For causing all this and allowing this thing to be unleashed.

Y/N: We can change the past now, all we can do is stay in the present and hopefully make sure that the future remains safe! Now, how are we gonna stop that thing?

The Professor looked up at me, a look of disbelief on her face.

Croix: We can't stop that thing Y/N! How do you expect us to go up against that?! If my system is unable to control it, then how are we gonna be able to?!

Everyone was silent. I didn't think it was like us to give up so easily. Thankfully, Akko stepped up and stood beside me.

Akko: We can stop it! Y/N is right! We have to stay in the present! Not think about what we did wrong in the past! So come on everyone! We can't stand around here and let our heads drop! At least we should give it a try! There's ten of us here!

Croix: Even if you do try, there's no way that you'll be able to catch up to that thing using your brooms!

Akko: Then we have to come up with a solution to combat that!

Diana cleared her throat.

Diana: I believe it's worth a try.

Chariot: You're...all so brave...