Chapter 62: Always By Your Side!

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: So what are we looking for first?

Lotte: Well first we can go and find the snow, but we have to make sure that the snow falls naturally.

She turned to Akko who began to her all defensive.

Akko: Don't look at me! I can be patient!

Y/N: W-well u-uhhh a-are you sure about that Akko? I-it's n-not a bad thing really! Y-your energy is super cute!

Akko: I-I know I am impatient and very energetic, but I can be patient! You need it to fall naturally? I'll wait for it to fall naturally!

Something told me that even though Akko meant well and was really trying her best...

She would still lose her patience no matter how hard she tried.

Y/N: Ah she'll be fine! Perhaps I'll be able to restrain her.

Akko: My energy is super cute?

I knew Akko was talking to me, so I looked over at her to see a huge grin on her face.

Y/N: W-well y-yeah it is! Y-you can light up the mood just by being there!

Akko: Awww well, I do my best!

I smile back at her. Lotte points at a clearing just outside a forest.

Lotte: We can land here.

I nod my head and follow Lotte down to the ground. Gently setting myself down, I take a look around and see absolutely nothing for miles.

Just the open snow.

Y/N: You know I brought binoculars! Not that there is much to see out here anyway!

Lotte: I still think it's worth it! But we have a job to do.

Y/N: Of course! S-sorry f-for getting distracted!

I pick up my broom and hurry over to the others, where I got a sweet smile from Lotte.

Lotte: I-it's fine Y/N!

Y/N: Y-yeah...I-I was just trying to lighten things up a little. I-it feels really tense right now!

Lotte: I-I'm scared...w-what i-if we don't succeed? Th-they...

Y/N: Hey...don't think like that! I-I promised that we would find a way. Now we have a way to cure them! We just need to stay on task and find these ingredients! They will be fine.

I hug Lotte and kiss the top of her head. Akko stood on the outside, edging her way closer.

Y/N: Come here Akko!

I drag her into the hug and she hugs me back.

Lotte: Th-thank you Y/N...I-I don't know where we'd be without you!

Y/N: Oh...you give me too much credit...

They both giggle and kiss me before letting go.

Lotte: Ok! So, this snow is what we need.

She was pointing at a pile of snow on a tree branch that was quite high up.

Y/N: So we wait for it to fall to the ground?

Akko: But won't that take too long?

Y/N: Well, all we have to wait for is a gust of wind right?

Lotte nodded her head as we all waited for the snow to fall off the branch.

It must have been around a minute or two, but I could see that Akko was getting impatient.

Y/N: Please Akko...