Chapter 36: Broken Trust

Hannah POV

I woke up feeling so empty.

It was so weird waking up with the lack of a lover next to me, cuddling me.

Sitting up I could see Diana sat on one of the chairs with her head in her hands and Barbara in her own bed crying silently.

Hannah: I-it's s-so quiet without him...

Barbara: I-it just feels so weird waking up and he's just not here!

Diana: I-I never imagined that this would happen. H-he is such a huge part of our lives.

He was.

That's why it was so hard to accept that he wasn't here.

I groggily get out of bed and sit on the edge of it for a bit.

Hannah: D-do w-we go and look for him?

Diana: I-I really want to. B-but I-I don't think we'll be allowed out of the school.

That was true.

The headmistress would probably stop our attempts to go.

She was the one who kicked him out after all!

After she promised she would protect him, she turned her back on him!

How could she just do that?!

No! I don't think that any of us were gonna put up with this!

Hannah: W-we can't give up!

Diana: I-I don't intend to. B-but m-maybe this is out of reach.

Diana seemed very depressed.

To be honest, everyone was feeling depressed.

The same attitude was mirrored by everyone else in the group when we were all in lessons in the morning.

The teachers tried to gee us all up to the best of their ability, but there was quite a bit of hostility in the air.

He had only been gone less than a day and it seems as though the morale of all of us has done a complete 180.

And to add to it all, the headmistress had been gone since this morning.

Professor Finnelan did say she would be back.

I just really hoped she was gonna bring Y/N back with her!

She'd better!

I yet again wiped my eyes with the tissue that I had and put my head down to work.

My mind kept drifting back to him as I asked myself whether he was safe or not.

She said it would be safer for everyone if he wasn't here, but in truth I think all of us felt safe around him!

I fully believe that anyone who tries to fight him would have no chance!

He'd beat the crap out of them!

Diana: I-I hope he's safe....

Diana had never been like this before.

I had never seen her so torn apart by something.

I know she truly loved him very much. We all did. But it just seemed to break her demeanour and she was a completely different person.

After class we all sat at the lunch table with the empty seat where Y/N should've been sitting there as a constant reminder of how much he meant to us.

Diana: The headmistress has been gone the whole morning. I-I hope she's managed to find him...

That's all we could do at the moment.