Chapter 76: Her Choice

[Y/N POV]

Hannah: What has happened to your family Diana?! I swear this is not the same family I heard about when I was younger!

Diana, Hannah and Barbara were still fuming over what had gone on during dinner. I was more shocked than anything, and by the looks of it so was Akko.

Diana: I do not know Hannah. Things are a lot worse than I imagined. Again, it is my fault this has happened. I should never have left the family to her!

Barbara: Now we understand why you had to leave! As much as we didn't want you to and as much as we want you back, we respect you and look up to you like we always have done! You're still our idol Diana!

Hannah: Yeah! You go out there and show them what a true Cavendish should be like!

It was a great idea to bring Hannah and Barbara along. The two people who probably knew Diana the best!

Diana: I-I will girls...thank you for being here.

Hannah: You should really be thanking Y/N! He was the one who asked us if we wanted to come!

I looked up as my name was mentioned. The three girls of team blue smiling at me.

Y/N: W-well you two were quick to say yes! You need to give yourselves the credit!

Barbara: But we wouldn't have said yes if you didn't ask us! Without you...we never would've come.

Y/N: Now I don't believe that. Listening to you three and how close you are already, surely you two would've wanted to come anyway.

Diana: We are closer because of you Y/N. All of us are sort of getting on better because you brought us all together.

Smiling a little, I look back down at the ground and nod my head.

Y/N: Y-you all wanted to help me. T-Twenty of you. Twenty! That is a ridiculous number!

Diana: Indeed it is! That just shows how irresistible you are!

Right on cue, I began to blush and the girls all giggled.

Akko: She is right though Y/N!

And they were agreeing with each other, teaming up to make me flustered!

Y/N: I-if you say so...g-god you all are teaming up and making me more flustered.

Hannah: It's so cute Y/N! We want to see it!

Y/N: Y-yeah yeah...s-still so shy after all this time.

Diana: Don't worry sweetheart. It's just who you are.

She wrapped her arms around me and kissed the top of my head before laying it on top of mine.

Y/N: Mhm...a-anyway are you still going to do the ceremony? You saw those three. They'll be up to something.

Diana: I do not care what they will get up to. Nothing is going to stop me from doing this and certainly not them. Besides, I have more than enough of you here to protect me.

We all nodded.

Y/N: If that's what you want us to do Diana, then we will be there. With you all the way.

Diana: Thank you. I know you will be.

I didn't want to let her go, knowing that when she succeeded she would definitely never be coming back with us.

However, I couldn't be selfish and force her to leave behind all that she is willing to fight so hard to keep alive.

She let me go and smiled as she planted a kiss on my forehead.