Chapter 75: Where's The Pride?!

[Y/N POV]

After our reunion, Diana had taken the four of us to one of the many rooms in her huge house so we could settle down.

And more importantly, get ready for dinner.

Diana: Here Akko, change into this dress. It looks like it will fit you.

She handed Akko a small pink dress and turned her attention to me.

Diana: I assume you have a change of clothes already Y/N.

Y/N: I sure do! The three of us figured we'd need to come prepared.

Diana: Good. Because I highly doubt I would have anything for you to wear.

I shook my head.

Y/N: Yeah probably not...

This was a nice house and all, but I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable here.

Diana's aunt had this aura about her. I didn't like it.

Y/N: They might have needed her here, but why would she want to come back to someone like that?

Diana: Y/N?

Diana's voice broke me out of my thoughts. She was stood in front of me, with a hand on my shoulder.

Y/N: Y-Yeah! Sorry! I-I'm here.

Diana: Something is wrong my love. I can see it. You can talk to me.

Y/N: I-I know I can a-and I don't want to be rude...b-but I just don't really like your aunt.

A smile formed on her face as she giggled and kissed me on the cheek.

Diana: Trust me Y/N, I don't like her either. She knows that. Just don't say it to her face.

Y/N: Got it. But if you don't like her, then why did you come back?

Her smile disappeared and she sighed.

Diana: I would never come back for her. I came back to save the integrity of my family. My selfishness caused this all to happen. Leaving for school was me risking leaving the family in her control.

The smile returned to her face as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Diana: But then again I suppose I should give myself more credit. I met you after all!

I blushed and felt her kiss my cheek.

Y/N: Diana...

She giggled.

Akko: Huh. It actually does fit me!

Looking back at Akko, she was stood in front of the mirror wearing the dress Diana had given to her. It did fit her really well!

Diana: I think I should mention that I was given that dress when I was eleven.

Akko froze and continued to stare at her reflection. Hannah and Barbara were snickering in the background as I tried my hardest not to join in.

Y/N: R-Really? W-wow...

Akko: Ugh! Of course it's a perfect fit!

Diana let go of me and walked over to her.

Diana: I never thought I would see anyone wear this again. When you leave, take it with you Akko.

Akko: Y-you're giving it to me?

Diana: Yes. I am. I would rather see it being used, rather than watching it rot in my wardrobe.

Diana did seem quite emotional talking about the dress. Must have been a gift from her mother...