Chapter 38: Fantasy vs Realism

Y/N POV

My time away from Luna Nova was very short, but my return was sweet!

It just felt nice to know that I actually was valued and that I did have a place that I could call home.

I was grateful that my best mate and his family was willing to let me stay, but I felt like I belonged in the magic world now.

Although I still did get that feeling of wanting just a simple life again.

Like when I was younger.

It all used to just seem so simple!

But I have to stick with what I had!

Y/N: Th-thanks for coming to look for me! It really shows me how valued I am.

Akko: Of course we came to look for you Y/N!

Amanda: You mean so much to us!

Everyone else nod their heads in agreement.

Y/N: I-I'm glad to hear that.

As we get back to the school, everyone splits off to go to their own dorms.

When we got back, I did realise that I had left my broom back in Blytonbury.

I had hitched a ride with Diana and was so caught up in getting back that I completely forgot.

Y/N: M-my broom should be safe with my friend right?

Diana: Yes. As long as they don't throw it out by mistake then it should be fine.

I would have to go and get it at some point, but that could wait.

I sit down on one of the chairs and rub my eyes.

The short confrontation that happened in the town was obviously still fresh in my mind.

The fact that the two of us were able to take all three of them on was impressive to me!

I could relish in what was my first victory against my father in this tug of war pretty much.

But I couldn't get too ahead of myself.

This was probably only the beginning.

Things were only going to get harder from here on out.

A wake up call for me, that nothing was normal about all of this.

Hannah: Are you ok Y/N?

Looking up to see a rather concerned looking Hannah standing in front of me.

Y/N: Y-yeah yeah Hannah I'm fine. Just thinking about what happened back there.

Barbara: What the fight? You were amazing!

Barbara rushed over and wrapped her arms around me, kissing my cheek.

Barbara: Our hero!

Y/N: Couldn't have done it without Jake though!

Honestly he needed more than just a pat on the back.

He needs a knighthood!

Diana: You were both extraordinary! Thank you for coming to our aid.

Diana walks over and hugs me too.

Hannah does the same.

Y/N: A-anything for you all. Y-you know that right?

Diana: Of course we do! We never doubted you!

I would have to go around and see how everyone else was doing after that.