Chapter 35: Missing Link

Diana POV

I watched in absolute disbelief at what was happening in front of me.

Y/N was being thrown out!

Why?!

I know things have started to get turbulent recently, but surely there was a way to get it under control.

Everyone was just as upset as I was.

We all loved him for goodness sake!

I watch the shattered Y/N walk by us and out of the door.

Hannah: B-b-but why?!

Finnelan: I didn't think we were throwing him out Miranda! I thought we were just going to take some extra measures.

Holbrooke: It's for everyone's safety. His and ours. As long as he is here, he and everyone else at this school is at risk.

Ursula: But, we had it all under control! What happened a few days ago was put behind us! He was improving!

Holbrooke: I'm not letting that young boy get seriously injured because of some maniac that is out there trying to get his magic from him!

Akko: But the school was so much better with him here!

Diana: Headmistress! Please, don't cast him out! It's happened to him before, don't do it again!

There was a few moments before the headmistress realised what she had done.

Holbrooke: O-oh no. I-I knew doing this would come back to haunt me. Why didn't I think of that?!

I guess this whole business is starting to get to all of us.

Akko: Well what do we do?! He could have gone by now!

Holbrooke: Find him and tell him to come back here. We need to rethink what is going to happen to him.

We all file out of the room and split up to try and find him.

An hour passes and we couldn't find him anywhere.

Barbara: H-he's already gone hasn't he?

Barbara breaks down into tears and Hannah soon follows suit.

I could also feel tears of my own falling down my cheeks.

This had all happened so quickly that I couldn't keep up with it all.

It was too sudden.

Still in tears, the three of us head back to the dorm with the slightest hope that he was there the whole time.

Opening the door it was deathly silent and he wasn't there.

My heart sank and I looked over to see only three brooms up against the wall.

I walk over to the table and on it was a piece of paper.

I pick it up and begin to read what was on it.

Hi girls!

I hoped that I would be around forever and never began to imagine that this would happen, but I guess that's just how life is! I want to thank you all for everything you have done for me and just for loving me the whole time. The headmistress was right, you are all in danger with me there and this is probably good for everyone. I will never forget any of you and you all will forever hold a special place in my heart!

I'll never love anyone else as much as I loved you all! I hope that I will be able to see you all again!

But for now this is goodbye!