Chapter 42: As Sweet As Honey

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: H-How does she keep winning?!

I was outside with the red and green team, playing with Akko's collection of cards.

Every time I thought I was getting close she would triumph over me!

Sucy: She cheats that's why!

Akko: Hey! I do not cheat! I'm just too good at this!

Akko's energy would never cease to make me smile. It just so contagious!

Akko: Do you wanna have another round again Y/N? Or are gonna stop now so I don't get 10 in a row?

A cheeky grin spreads across her face.

Y/N: N-nah you got me Akko! You're just too good for me!

Akko: Hehe! Awww I didn't expect you to give up so easily Y/N!

Y/N: I-I know when I've been truly bested!

She giggles again and gathers up her cards.

Lotte: *whisper* Y/N, have noticed anything wrong with Jasminka today?

I did.

I look over at her as Lotte says that, to see that Jasminka looked quite fidgety. She wasn't snacking like she usually did.

She just seemed to want to do something really badly, but a part of her didn't want to.

Y/N: *whisper* she's not been herself! She's seems very on edge. I'm worried.

Lotte: *whisper* I tried talking to her, but she insisted she was fine.

I looked at Amanda who did look slightly concerned while looking at her friend.

Y/N: *whisper* maybe I can talk to Amanda about it. She might know.

Lotte: *whisper* please. I am very worried about her.

I smile and nod my head and she kisses my cheek.

Lotte: I love you.

Y/N: I-I love you too.

I stand up and walk over to Amanda and plop myself down next to her.

Amanda: Y/N! Just who I need to talk to right now! Come with me!

Amanda stands up and takes my hand, dragging me around the corner.

Amanda: I know what you're gonna say, you're worried about Jasminka right?

Y/N: Y-yeah. Sh-she's not acting like herself.

Amanda: Yeah, she's been really strange these past two days. She said she was gonna do something but then came back and looked quite upset.

Two days ago.

I was Avery, Mary and Blair then.

I wonder.....

Amanda: It reminds me of when I wanted to confess to you. Whenever I got the courage to do it, you'd be with someone else. And then I'd get really upset.

Y/N: Th-that might be it then.

Amanda: I'll have a talk with her and see what she thinks about you. That way it'll be easier to determine how we can help.

I nod my head.

Y/N: Seems like a plan.

Amanda: I'll take her now. And then I'll find you later on.

Y/N: Th-thanks Amanda.

Amanda: You're welcome. Cutie~!

She pulls me into a kiss and pushes me against the wall.