Chapter 79: Wagandea

[Y/N POV]

I never really thought Ursula could be as paranoid as she had been since Professor Croix joined the school.

It is unbelievable how much she had changed in the last few weeks and months. To be honest, it made me concerned.

What could Croix have done to Ursula to make her act like this?

Wangari: Yeah I noticed that as well! Especially when the two of them are in the same room.

Y/N: I-it's worrying. She seemed so calm when I first arrived.

Joanna: Have asked her?

Y/N: I-I have tried a couple of times, b-but she isn't interested in talking about and quickly shrugs it off.

Wangari: Weird...

I hadn't actually seen Ursula at all today. Just as I was wondering where she had gotten to, I heard the doors to the cafeteria slam open.

It was Akko, who did not look too pleased as she stomped over to Lotte and Sucy and sat herself down at the table.

Y/N: Sh-she doesn't seem very pleased.

Wangari: Wonder what's got her so het up this time...

Y/N: I-it could be a lot of things. B-But still best to let her calm down before going over and asking her about it. I-it might upset her more.

Looking around the cafeteria, on the passage way that overlooked the whole room, I could see Professor Croix observing Akko.

Before I know it, she had turned her attention to me. A smile formed on her face as she waved at me. I returned a very small one as she gestured for me to go over to her.

Y/N: Should I really go? Th-there can't be any harm in it. R-Right?

Y/N: E-Excuse me girls.

Joanna: Okay! But hurry back! I still wanna do that photoshoot with you!

Y/N: Y-you got it!

My thought was that I could ask Croix about Ursula's behaviour. She seemed to be the one that was causing her discomfort.

I needed to see if I could get her side of the story.

Croix: Ah Y/N! I hoped that you would come to see me!

Y/N: Y-yeah well, I didn't want to be rude! A-Also, I-I have something I wanna ask.

She laughed a little and smiled.

Croix: Oh I bet you do. Go on. Ask away!

I clear my throat and take a deep breath.

Y/N: D-Do you know why Ursula is acting so...odd. L-Like recently. I-I dare say after you arrived.

She raised an eyebrow at me as the grin on her face grew.

Croix: Y'know kid? Ursula really does puzzle me sometimes.

Y/N: Th-that's fair enough. I must puzzle a lot of people sometimes as well! N-not to be rude, but you do as well!

She laughed loudly and patted me gently on the shoulder.

Croix: Oh Y/N...you're too funny...but I don't see what's so puzzling about me.

Y/N: Y-you took a lot of my blood. That's very puzzling.

Croix: I did yes. With your consent.

Y/N: I understand that. A-Anyway, we're getting off topic. Why has Ursula changed ever since you arrived?