Chapter 67: Always Crazy!

[Y/N POV]

The sun was slowly beginning to set by the time we had reached the duelling bridge. It was really high up and down below us, were a lot of the Appleton boys.

Y/N: So this is tradition huh?

As much as I wanted to be the one duelling, this was between Amanda and Louis. Akko was still in her mouse form and tied up along with the grail and Amanda's confiscated wand and router.

Andrew: A very old tradition. This is the best I could do for you. At least you have a chance.

Y/N: Maybe you could've just let us go! That would have been better!

Andrew: I know it would, but do you think these lot would allow that to happen?

Looking around at the group of boys that were watching, I could see where he was coming from.

Y/N: Fair point.

Turning my attention back to the duel that was yet to begin, Amanda was handed a sword and took her fighting stance.

Louis was handed one as well and pulled a coin out of his pocket.

Louis: I am going to flip this coin. Once it lands on the ground, the duel shall begin!

I was feeling really confident in Amanda. She had the ability to beat anyone up!

Louis flips the coin and right before it lands on the ground, he takes his first swing at Amanda who was quick to block.

Amanda: Hey! That's cheating! The coin didn't even hit the ground!

Louis: I don't need to follow the rules when it comes to fighting a witch!

The two of them begin to properly duel each other, exchanging blows and almost knocking each other off balance.

Y/N: What is the problem with witches here? What did they ever do to you?

Andrew: The ways of magic are outdated. Witches used to terrorise people a long time ago. Those beliefs kind of stick around.

Y/N: Yeah but didn't magic sustain the people of the world a long time ago? I know there were witch hunts and all, but they never used their magic out of malice! They certainly don't now!

Boy: And how would you know that?

One of the boys that was stood with us had piped up with a question of his own.

Y/N: How would I know? Because I've seen how the students of magic act! They are kind, gentle and the best set of people you can ever meet! They helped me out of a state of despair I never thought I would get out of! They showed me the world of magic and how wonderful it all is! All you need to do is open your eyes and just see what good it can do!

The clashing of swords stopped as I quickly turned my head to see that Amanda had disarmed Louis and was standing over him, basking in the setting sun.

Amanda: Is that really all? You're more pathetic than I first thought!

I smile. Amanda really was the most badass person I had ever met! She looked up at me and winked, causing me to blush and look away.

Louis: You think it will be that easy?!

Suddenly, Louis found his feet and his voice and ran over and took the holy grail.

Louis: You might have won the duel witch! But you cannot have the grail! It shall be destroyed!

He throws it at the ground and I try to catch it with my wand, but was too late and the grail hit the ground and shattered into pieces.

A flash of bright light encompassed the whole area. When it died down, everyone seemed to be alright, but there was the grail in pieces on the ground.