Chapter 23: The Fountain of Polaris

Y/N POV

It had been a few days now since our crusade to attempt to recover the sorcerers stone from the clutches of Old Fafnir and to be honest, things sort of calmed down really quickly.

I still believe I need to talk with Amanda though.

She did blush for a moment that day and I just needed to make sure that you know....

Professor Badcock: Step forward please Miss Cavendish!

But for now I was sat with my team in class watching everyone step up to test their abilities with metamorphosis magic. Diana was called up, she stood tall with a look of pure confidence.

Diana: Metamorphie Facissse!

She cast the spell and the rat in the cage turned into this beautiful white horse. Everyone in the class applauded her as she walked back over and gave me a smile.

Professor Badcock: Next up, Miss Parker!

Barbara was next up and as the class went on slowly everyone was called up. All the girls went up and successfully executed it. Then again they are all good witches in their own way!

Professor Badcock: Step please Miss Kagari!

Akko stood up from her seat and slowly walked to the front. She looked really nervous which was very unlike her. She looked at me and gave her a smile and a small thumbs up. She then replicated the gesture as her expression changed to one of confidence.

Y/N: Come on Akko, you got this!

Akko: "Metamorphie Facissse!"

She cast the spell but nothing happened. At least for a few seconds when something did happen. The result.... she cast the spell on herself. Everyone started to laugh at her as she looked really down again.

Y/N: I-isn't that c-close enough?

Luckily no one heard me as they were still too busy laughing at Akko. This made me slightly annoyed.

Professor Badcock: Miss Kagari! You are the only one so far who hasn't mastered metamorphosis magic yet! Y/N! Please step forward!

Oh great. Here we go. I stand up and walk to the front. I stand in front of the rat.

Y/N: Deep breath Y/N. Just do what you did the other day!

I close my eyes and imagine that yet again it was a monkey.

Y/N: Metamorphie Facissse!

I cast the spell and open my eyes and again she a monkey jumping around. I looked at the Professor who was smiling at me.

Professor Badcock: Well done Y/N! Are you sure you have had no past experiences with magic?

I nod my head.

Professor Badcock: Well, you already seem to be a natural!

I smile slightly as I hear small footsteps on the floor and see that the monkey was running up to me. It sat in front of me and looked up at me.

Y/N: U-uhhh. H-hi?

It then started jumping as it climbed up and sat on my shoulder. I look at it as it looks back at me. It then smiled at me and started to make noises. I then look back at Professor Badcock and she looks as confused as I do.

Professor Badcock: H-how did this happen? Why isn't the spell wearing off?

I stood there with this monkey on my shoulder as I turned around and looked at the class. Diana was looking at me with a look of interest as the rest of the class broke into discussion.