Chapter 20: A Secret Relationship

Diana POV

The sound of quiet whimpers woke me from my slumber.

At first it confused me but when I turned over and saw Y/N shaking and sweating.

I knew what was going on.

He was having another nightmare.

I gently started shaking him awake which only seemed to make it worse.

Y/N: N-no..... stop it! Please!!!

I could see tears forcing their way out of his eyes as he cries out in desperation.

The shaking must have affected his nightmare.

This time to wake him up, I wrapped my arms around him gently brought my lips onto his.

His eyes immediately pinged open and tears started streaming down his cheeks.

I slowly pull away as Y/N reaches his hand out and places it on my cheek.

Y/N: D-Diana?

Diana: Yes it's me. I'm here.

Y/N calms down and takes a few deep breaths before sitting up.

Y/N: W-what time is it?

Diana: That doesn't matter right now. What does matter is your nightmare. What was it about?

He looks down at me and then looks away again.

Y/N: J-just b-bad m-memories.

Diana: Can you be more specific?

Y/N: O-oh j-just a-about w-when my mother left a-and my father took e-everything out on me.

Diana: Ok. Well thank you for telling me. If you ever need to tell me anything, I'm here. We all are.

He nods his head and wipes his eyes.

Y/N: I-I miss her....

Diana: What was the relationship like with your mother?

Y/N: O-oh sh-she loved me to bits a-at f-first. Sh-she w-would n-never let him lay a finger on me. B-but th-then she l-left a-and i-it br-broke me. I-I s-started to think w-whether she did love me.

He began to grip the covers really tightly as more tears threatened to fall.

Y/N: W-why w-would she leave me with him?! What d-did I do wrong?!

I sat up next to him and pulled him into a hug.

Diana: I don't have an answer for you Y/N, but just so you know there are people here who love you to bits as well.

He looks at me as I smile at him.

I lean in and kiss him putting all of my love into it.

If there was one thing that he really needed to know, then it was that he was loved.

By me, Hannah, Barbara and I'm sure Akko would do the same.