Chapter 43: Undead Blytonbury Travelogue

[Y/N POV]

Finnelan: Ok girls-.

She looks at me and nervously smiles.

Finnelan: Ok everyone, now you are allowed off premises, but normal school rules still apply!

I guess I had been here that long, that I really was starting to fit in.

This was one of the few times that we were technically allowed off site. Just like when that Nightfall convention was on. Other times have been either sneaking out or asking for special permission.

Akko: Ooohhh! Just think of all the things we could do!!!! We could eat pies, cakes all sorts of different parfaits!

Lotte: Haha. Always thinking with your stomach!

Y/N: I-isn't the saying, the way to a girls heart is through her stomach?

Akko: Maybe, but you captured my heart regardless of that!

I smile and blush as Akko takes a hold of my arm.

Finnelan: Always take pride in being a student of Luna Nova. Never use any magic outside of the school! Too many accidents occur when it's used incorrectly outside these walls.

Holbrooke: Professor Finnelan.

Finnelan: Headmistress!

Y/N: Where the hell did she come from?

Holbrooke: Look at what I bought the other day! Isn't it marvellous?

She brings out an old boot and Professor Finnelan looked fed up.

Holbrooke: And when you put it on your head, it's a nice hat!

Finnelan: I don't have time for this...

Holbrooke: You're always so serious! Just look at these students! Poor unfortunate souls!

Ursula: Um excuse me mam.

Holbrooke: Oh why don't you try it on! I bet it'll look great on you.

I could only laugh as we watched the headmistress take the boot and push Ursula's witch hat to one side, replacing it with the boot.

While this goes on, Finnelan stands in front of them and continues talking.

Finnelan: Ok everyone, have you got your amulets?

I pull a picture that I had out of my pocket. It was one of me and Jake and his family. One of the only things that I had left when I was found. It meant a lot to me....they were my family.

Akko: Oops! I forgot! I have this though!

Akko pulls out a pile of dirt from her pocket and presents it.

Holbrooke: Oh no no! The amulet has to be something that you deeply care about!

She blows the pile of dirt away.

Holbrooke: You must leave your amulet at your point of origin. That way it will ensure your safe return. I have my own amulet see.

She holds up her staff.

Akko: A staff?

Holbrooke: The stronger the attraction to the item, the stronger the return spell. Now girls, let me see what you all brought.

She floats away to go and check on the others.

Sucy: You know, you do have something that would work.

Akko thinks for a moment and then realised what Sucy was going on about.

Akko: No way!

The other girls put their things in the deposit as I look to see Bice, Bridget and Erika were with us. They all flashed me a smile and I do the same.