Chapter 28: Tinker Time!

Y/N POV

I was starting to get concerned about Akko now.

If we didn't get on top of these grades of hers, then we could get into some serious hot water.

I'm not sure what the consequences would be, but I was going to make sure that it didn't mean something like expulsion.

It was her dream to learn magic and I was going to support her.

Especially since I've managed to catch onto everything so easily.

Akko: Why can I still not do it?!

So to get started we were trying to get her to fly again.

However it was just me and her as the others were too busy doing their own thing.

Y/N: C-come on Akko! Believe! I-I believe in you!

Akko: I appreciate that you do Y/N! But what's the point of all that if I don't believe in myself!

Y/N: Hey...

I walk over and pull her into a hug.

Y/N: N-now that's not the Akko I know! Ok, do you know what I love about you Akko? You don't let anything get you down, you keep on going no matter what stands in your way. And I don't believe that you have given up!

Akko: Yeah but, maybe what everyone says is right. Maybe I am not good enough.

Y/N: Look I know how much this all means to you! I'm here to help you Akko! No matter what! As long as it takes, even if it takes my whole life you will accomplish your dream!

Akko looks up at me and smiles slightly with tears in her eyes.

Y/N: Now come on! Don't cry! Get that sad look off your face! We got work to do! What's that thing you always say? A believing heart....uh.

Akko: Hehe. A believing heart is your magic!

Y/N: Th-that's it!

I wipe the tears from her eyes and she leans in and kisses me.

Akko: Thanks Y/N! I don't really know where I would be without you.

Y/N: I-I owe you girls everything really. And I will make sure that you accomplish your dream.

I keep hugging her for a few minutes until she leaps out of my arms to try again.

After around 20 minutes of listening to her yell 'Tia Freyre' and watching her jump up and down in the air, I decided that we should just call it quits.

Y/N: A-alright Akko, I-I think we should stop here. I-I'm not exactly th-the best mentor am I?

Akko: I never said that! And anyway, a bit more encouragement is all that I need!

Y/N: I-I'm glad you think that. Anyway, go on I'll be right behind you.

She nods her head and runs back inside.

I look over at the broom that she left and walked over to it.

Picking it up I put it over my shoulder and begin to walk back inside.

F/N: Nice pep talk. I'd almost say it would spur me on too.

Y/N: You. What do you want?

F/N: What? Can't a father check in on his only son?

Y/N: I didn't matter to you before, but then you find out I have magical powers and now you're interested?!

F/N: Because I didn't have use for you before. But now, think of all the things I will be able to accomplish with this power.