Chapter 83: Shame On You

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: Where could she be....?

Me and Avery had been searching the town for a while now, with little success. Akko seemed to have just disappeared.

Avery: She could be anywhere by now...do you want me to go back and get the others?

Y/N: Yeah that would be a good idea...we need as many people as we can get.

She nodded and kissed me on the cheek before running back towards the Leyline terminal, leaving me alone.

The protests were still going on, so I just avoided those areas as I knew Akko wouldn't want to be anywhere noisy.

Especially after hearing all that....

Y/N: I can't believe you would keep that all from her Chariot....she is literally your biggest fan! You could've done her the decency of telling her the truth....

What got me even more is that she didn't even follow me and Avery to come and find Akko. Like she didn't even care.

Did those moments like the one at Wagandea mean nothing to her?!

I kicked a stone along the ground as I walked, trying to get my mind off of it.

Jake: Y/N? Is that you bro?

Until I heard Jake's voice...

Y/N: Jake? What are you doing out here so late?

Jake: I wanna ask you the same thing.

I sighed and told him everything, not missing a single detail. About Chariot, about Croix and about Akko....

Jake: Oh....that girl really is a big fan of her, huh?

Y/N: She is. Akko is very vocal about her love for things.

Jake: Heh...even you?

I nod my head and blush.

Y/N: I love her to bits, much like all I do with all my girls....I promised Akko I would never let her down....I'm not going to do it now. I'm gonna find her.

Jake: It's getting late though man, and it's forecast to snow as well! You aren't wearing anything warm!

I shrug. I didn't care if it was going to be cold...Akko was my number one priority.

Y/N: I'm still gonna look for her.

Jake: Okay dude...you know where to find me though if you need a place to stay for the night.

Y/N: I know....you could join me in my search if you like.

I could see that he really wanted to, but knew exactly what he was going to say next.

Jake: My mother would kill me if I was gone much longer than I already have been. I was just on my way back home now when I saw you.

Y/N: Exactly what I was thinking! Well, I'd prefer you my best friend to be alive!

We both laughed as he patted me on the shoulder.

Jake: Good luck man...make sure you keep her and yourself safe.

Y/N: I will.

He smiled and walked past me in the direction I came from. It wasn't long after that, only a few seconds actually that Archimedes swooped down from a rooftop and landed on my shoulder.

Y/N: Hey! Where's Kilo at?

Kilo's loud chattering then filled the air as he leapt from another rooftop and swung off a lamppost before landing on my other shoulder.