A Very Cadnis Christmas

I wanted to publish it yesterday already but my mind said no. So here you have it now. A Christmas proposal. It is long but please read the whole thing. The actual proposal took me a while. 😅 Have fun and Merry Christmas.

It was Cadys first Christmas in New York. Since she moved to the beautiful city that never sleeps, she always went back to Chicago visiting her parents.

Which is why Janis made it her mission to make it extra special for Cady. She spent several Christmases in New York so she knew exactly how to plan the perfect holiday experience for her beloved girlfriend. She already knew what places to visit, what activities to do together and which Christmas Playlist will play in the car while they're driving through town.

Even though the real surprise will be in their little apartment on Christmas Eve.

Cady always said that one part of her family tradition was to already give out a little present to each other on Christmas Eve which wasn't really common in Kenya but a family friend who always celebrated with them lived in germany before he became a Zoologist and wanted to keep a bit of the german tradition in his life. After the Herons moved back to America they just went on with it.

Janis took this tradition to her advantage and planned a little surprise. A surprise for both of them.

Janis didn't know how Cady would react. And Cady didn't know that Janis was going to propose.

But first Janis planned a whole bunch of other things to do, the worst of them though was waking up. Janis wasn't a morning person and that didn't change on Christmas. Cady on the other hand could wake up at 3 am and be the most energetic person you'll ever meet.

Janis got rudely awoken by Cady bouncing up and down on their shared bed.

"Jan! Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake uuuuuuup!!!" Cady screamed shaking Janis roughly.

"Mmmmh..."

"Look outside!"

"Caddie, five more minutes okay?" Janis mumbled curling up under the covers desperately trying to fall asleep again.

"Nooooooo Janis come on!"

"How late is it?" Janis asked looking at Cady with her eyes still being half closed.

"4:45"Cady looked back at Janis innocently giving her the sweetest puppy eyes. At any other time of the day it would've worked but not at 4:45.

"And I seriously thought you loved me."

"I do-"

Cady got cut off by Janis pulling her down onto the bed again, close to her, in one swift motion.

"Then go back to sleep my love."

"But it's snowing!" Cady said turning in Janis arms to face her.

"That's great Peanut." Janis mumbled, pulling Cady even closer to her, taking in her warmth.

"You don't care, do you?" Cady asked as she twisted a strand of Janis long hair around her index finger.

"Not even a little bit." Janis mumbled half asleep again already, giving Cady a gentle kiss on the forehead before fully falling asleep.

Cady woke Janis up again at a reasonable time to wake up shaking her gently.

"Breakfast?"

"I'll drive." Janis said, jumping up from the bed.

Cady looked at her in confusion. "You drive?"

"You seriously think that we'll eat a normal ass breakfast today? Nah Honey we're doing some fancy stuff today."