You've Got a Match! (3)

Hello and welcome to the last part of the You've Got a Match series. this one's better than the second part I promise. It's just like Jurassic park with this series. First one was good second one was an embarrassment and the third part was good again. (Not shade to Steven Spielberg. I love his work.) This is the part which has the most elements which actually happened at that date and Imma let you decide which ones it were xD have funnnnnnn.

They payed for their coffees and made their way to Janis truck. The beach was maybe a ten minute drive away so Janis turned on the radio and started driving.

As soon as the first chords of New York, New York started playing Cady instantly squealed and made a little dance.

"I LOVE THIS SONG!"

Janis smirked a little. "Huh. Never thought of you as a Frank Sinatra fan."

"Oh come on he's a GENIUS." Cady exclaimed looking over at Janis as if it was a crime just questioning her love for Frank.

"He was indeed" Janis said and turned the volume up.

The rest of the drive was just a jam session containing many missed notes, much laughter and cute little dances from Cady.

She's adorable.

Janis parked in the nearest parking lot and climed out of the car, excited as ever. She hasn't been at the beach looking at the sunset for too long, even though it was her favourite sight. They left their shoes in the car, just to be able to feel the golden sand beneath their feet and because heels aren't the smartest choice to wear at a beach.

As they were walking, Cadys hand brushed against Janis, which she took as an opportunity to slip her hand into Cadys. Her fingers immediately intertwined with Janis', almost as if she was waiting for it to happen.

Janis looked down at Cady with a smile. Something about this girl was just special. She's never felt so comfortable with anyone this quickly. She never was so fascinated by a girl before. She never really believed that it could 'just click'. But Cady and her did exactly that. They just clicked. And it was an incredible feeling.

Cady looked back up to her and chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing." Janis smiled and looked forward as they finally reached the beach. The view was breathtaking.

The sun was just touching the water at the horizon and was glowing in a warm orange, golden tone. The reflection sparkled in the same colours on the surface of the water and you could clearly see the tails of whales in the distance. The few clouds had a pink and purple colour to them, perfectly blending into the blue colour of the sky.

Janis took a few more steps forward and sat down into the sand pulling Cady down with her, not letting go of her hand. In fact she placed their still interlaced hands onto her lap and traced little circles onto Cadys.

Cady sat down close to her resting her head onto Janis' shoulder. Enjoying the comfortable silence between them and the beautiful sunset.

"Does it look different?"Janis asked after a while.

Cady sat up a little more straight to look at Janis. "What?"

"The sunset... does it look different in Kenya?"

Cady went silent for a few seconds, looking out into the distance before she spoke up again. "Kinda... The colours are brighter and the sun looks much bigger... you would love it. It's almost like this Claude Monet painting you sent me..."

Janis chuckled a little. Amused by Cadys attempt to pronounce Claude Monet but also delighted that she actually remembered that particular conversation. It was shortly after she found out that Cady has no idea about anything art related. Janis was at an art exposition and sent her a photo of the exhibition piece just to annoy Cady a little. "San Giorgio Maggiore at Dusk."

"Bless you?" Cady asked jokingly, letting out a tiny giggle.

"You're cute Caddie."

They both smiled and there was another moment of comfortable silence between them.

"I like this one more though..." Cady suddenly said, looking down at their hands which were still resting in Janis lap and she wasn't complaining. She liked the little physical contact. Which is weird considering that she met the girl beside her just a couple of hours ago, but something about Janis was special. She didn't know what exactly, but it was a great feeling.

"Why?" Janis asked, a little confused by the statement.

Cady looked up again, smiling at Janis. "I'm not alone anymore... I can actually share this moment with someone."

Janis heart skipped a few beats and her cheeks turned a little pink. God I hope she can't see that.

"Maybe we should do this more often then?"

"Definitely."Cady said, resting her head onto Janis' shoulder again.

They continued sitting there talking, while it got darker and darker, until Janis noticed that Cady actually started shivering. She slowly started to stand up holding out her hand for Cady again.

"Come on let me take you home. It's late. Plus, I have a hoodie you can put on in the car."

"Oh so I'm already stealing your hoodies huh?"Cady smirked, taking Janis hand again.

Janis jokingly rolled her eyes saying "It's not stealing as long as you give it back."

As they came back to Janis' car, Cady gladly took the oversized guns and roses hoodie, cuddling into it to keep herself warm. It was a little too big for Janis already, which means that Cady was swimming in fabric. Her hands completely disappeared and it covered her skirt almost entirely.

Janis smiled over at her. Just as I thought that she couldn't get any cuter.

It was dark by the time they arrived at the Herons household. Many stars were shining brightly, forming a beautiful sea of lights on the firmament. It looked like everyone went to sleep already but there was still one little light brightening up the Herons living room. Probably one of her parents waiting that her daughter comes home safely.

As they reached Cadys front porch they came to a stand. Cady looked down at their interlaced hands, smiling before looking up at Janis again."I had fun today. Thank you."

Janis grinned a little, happy that Cady enjoyed their time together. "Does that mean I get to take you out on a second date then?" They both chuckled.

"I would love that." Cady said with a little excitement in her voice.

"Perfect" Janis smiled and leaned down giving Cady a quick kiss on the cheek, to which she got a tiny giggle in response.

"Good night Caddie."

She slowly walked away, reluctantly letting go of Cadys hand.

It wasn't until after Janis drove out of their driveway, and Cady was back in her room when she noticed that she was still wearing Janis hoodie. She wasn't complaining though. She took off her extremely uncomfortable skirt and her heels and threw herself onto her bed, falling asleep to the intoxicating scent of peppermint tea and lemon.

The second date couldn't come soon enough.

This is it. I hope you liked it and just for clarification the key elements which really happened are the sunset and the hoodie. I still have that hoodie to this day (that date was almost 5 years ago) and I just decided that Cady is just like me and will never EVER give it back. 

He doesn't miss it by the way. I wore it several times when we were FaceTiming and he's always like 'hehe my hoodie' and carried on with the conversation xDDD. (Yes we are still good friends to this day. Not everything ends on bad terms my dear friends :) ) 

As always I hope you have a nice day and until next time, bye <3