The Sun Vanished (redone)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Today's gonna be spooky! As y'all know I love spooky and so have my edited and even more horrific version of The Sun Vanished. I'm highly exaggerating but hey, I'm hyped to publish something again after being gone for a while. I think I needed to distance myself from this fandom for a while to kinda get back into it again. Anyways I hope you like this little rewrite of one of my old spooky stories.

PS: I wrote this note yesterday but then I forgot to actually put the story in here and post it because I was at a halloween party sorry my friends. <3

Janis woke up with a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. She wasn't sick. Everything just felt off.  She opened her eyes and was greeted by vast and horrifying darkness accompanied with dead silence. The only sound was the striking of the broken clock in the kitchen she meant to fix weeks ago.

After a few more moments Janis sat up and reached for her phone.

It was 2:45pm. That's odd.

She turned to the window. It was completely dark outside. Not a single bit of sunlight was showing up at the crimson blue sky. The feeling intensified in Janis' body as she checked her phone once again.

She had 10 new messages and 20 missed calls from Cady.

"What the-" she whispered as a cold shiver went down her spine.

Her hands started shaking as she unlocked her phone to check the messages.

Cady ♥️ - 10 messages

Jan?

Are you there?

What's happening?

It's 2pm and it's still pitch black.

Janis?

Are you Okay?

JANIS SARKISIAN ANSWER ME!

Janis, this isn't funny.

Pick. Up. Your. PHONE!

I'm coming over.

Right on cue there was a loud banging at Janis' door making her jump. She slowly made her way towards her door, careful not to make a sound. The banging only got louder, more desperate with every step she took towards it. Her heart was pounding inside of her chest. Her legs were heavy and her head was spinning as she panicked. She let out a relieved breath when she saw the familiar red mane of hair as she looked out of the little window.

As soon as she opened the door she got tackled by her girlfriend, almost toppling them over.

"Woah hello there." Janis said, hugging Cady back gently after she closed the door. "What's wrong, Peanut?" Janis got no response except for incoherent mumbling while Cady was burying her face further into the crook of her neck breathing heavily and rapidly almost as if she was drowning, fighting for air.

"I- Why didn't you-" Cady got cut off by her own sobs. Janis knew what's happening. She knew it to well. So she pulled away the tiniest bit, gently pressing her forehead against Cadys and said "Hey... It's okay Cady breathe." She took a deep breath and Cady tried to mimic it as good as she could. "Good. Next one." The breath was more even this time not as desperate. "One more time." Cadys muscles relaxed a little under the soothing touch of Janis hands on her shoulders and her soft voice whispering to her as they took more deep breaths which were evening out eventually.

"Good job Peanut." Janis said softly as she kissed her forehead gently.

"Why didn't you pick up?"

"I just woke up..'' Janis explained as she pulled Cady back into her arm again. "I had the night shift. I'm sorry."