7350 miles away

This is a short one and just useless Cadnis appreciation but I hope you like it. I'm sorry it took that long but I just hadn't have the motivation to write the last couple of weeks. But I will try to write more again. Anyways.. enjoy the story :)

It was a Hot summer day. Janis sat alone in the little New Yorker apartment she shared with Cady.... Well, she normally shared with Cady. Her beloved girlfriend was across the globe in Africa, visiting her parents.

So Janis was waiting eagerly for Cady to call on FaceTime like she always does, every night before she goes to bed.

It was awful not to fall asleep with the person you love the most in your arms but calling everyday, knowing that Cady's save definitely helped.

It was exactly 6pm when her phone rang and her girlfriends name appeared on the screen.

A smile instantly spread on Janis face as she picked up and saw Cady smiling back at her.

Janis gave her a little wave. "Hey you."

"Hey you." Cady echoed. "How are you doing today?"

"Well considering that my girlfriend is 7350 miles away from me, I'm pretty miserable." Janis let out a little whine saying "Can you just come back already? The bed is really cold without you."

Cady chuckled. One of Janis' favorite sounds. "It's just another week-"

"Another week?!" Janis interrupts dramatically, letting herself fall back into the pillows. "I won't survive another week alone."

"Just another week and then I'm fully yours 24/7. Plus, you have Damian over there."

"Not the same." Janis pouts. "You're not allowed to leave me for A SECOND when you come back here." Janis almost feels bad for being so clingy. Almost. To be fair she was the one who had to watch Cady being together and get married to someone else for almost 10 years, being helplessly in love with the redhead, until they got back together. She was still scared that she's getting on Cadys nerves by now. But Cady just smiled "I promise."

As always Cady started to tell everything what happened throughout the day. And there was nothing cuter in this world than Cady getting exited about the African wildlife. Her eyes were glowing and a huge grin was spreading across her face as she described in detail how she played with a lion cub.

After, there was a comfortable silence between them. Janis started sketching some random things into her sketchbook while Cady was watching her, listening to the soothing sound of graphite scratching on the paper. Next time Janis looked up she saw Cady struggling to keep her eyes open, probably already half asleep.

"How late is it over there?" She asked in a soft voice already knowing that it must be pretty late.

"2am? It was a long day." Cady mumbled slowly closing her eyes.

Janis smiled. She would give everything right now to reach over and put that one strand of Cadys beautiful hair behind her ear. "Go to sleep Peanut."

"Will you stay on the call? I can sleep better when you're with me." Cady mumbled, slowly giving in, letting sleep overtake her.

"Always." Janis said smiling slightly.

Only a couple of minutes passed until it seemed like Cady was fully asleep.

Cady sleeping was one of the most mesmerizing things Janis' has ever seen. So like every time she sees something beautiful she took her sketchbook and a pencil and started sketching.

She started out with a rough sketch of the outlines and then slowly but surely added more and more detail to it.

She began with her hair which was falling in waves over her shoulders, glowing in a more golden tone in the light of the little lamp on her nightstand, followed by her face, pale with freckles sprinkled all over it. Her gorgeous crystal blue eyes were closed, making her long eyelashes even more visible, and a peaceful expression took over her face. Her hands were laying limply beside her face covering her mouth from Janis' view.

Cady looked nothing less than a goddess when she was sleeping. Well, she always does but especially when she was sleeping. Janis always liked to compare it to Love and Beauty, a painting by one of her favorite artists Joshua Reynolds.

Janis smiled to herself. How did she get that lucky?

By the time she was done and satisfied with her creation the sun was rising in Kenya again and the colorful lights of New York where shining through the window into their apartment. 

She closed her sketchbook, put it onto the table and laid back onto the couch. She took one last glance at Cady before laying her phone beside her head saying "sweet dreams Peanut." falling asleep not long after.

This is it. I hope you liked it and again, I will try to upload more frequently now. Its almost Christmas so there are probably some Christmas one shots coming and idk whatever comes to my mind. As always have a nice day and until next time, bye <3