Would You Lie With Me And Just Forget The World?

Aka procrastination #5

A true story mixed with some made up fluff let's gooooo.

It was the middle of the night when Cady decided to take a walk down the empty streets of Chicago. The city, normally full of life and filled with people, rushing through their daily routines now seemed like a ghost town. Empty, and only a few street lights were guiding Cadys way through the dark of night.

Not that Cady was complaining.

She yet had to get used to the big-city-life. It was weird, never being alone, always surrounded by strangers, yet feeling so incredibly lonely.

She didn't fit in. Not into this city, not into school and most definitely not into her 'friendgroup'. But who seriously wanted to be friends with the weird Junglefreak anyways?

Cady missed home. She missed the quiet, the community, her animals and the beautiful bright colours of nature. Especially on these warm summer nights with a clear starry nightsky. She sighed as she looked up, admiring the countless, litte, glowing spots above her. There were millions more visible at home but this was a good start.

She remembered the nights she was just lying in the surprisingly soft sand of the Savannah, looking up at the sky until eventually the sun came up, colouring the sky in gorgeous orange and purple tones.

Perfect. She thought.

Her idea was dumb, she knew it, but at this point she didn't even care. She laid down in the middle of the street and looked up, starting to count the many stars which were visible to her.

She took a deep breath. The warmth of the concrete was radiating throughout her body and the rough texture was tickling her skin. It was quiet. Only the sound of the leafs, gently swaying in the wind, filled the air, as the last song of the few birds slowly faded.

She closed her eyes, trying to take slow and even breaths and for a tiny split second it felt like home... It was sad that she had to put herself in danger to feel it.

It will be fine. She thought. And even if something would've happened, she would've greeted death like an old friend.

After some time, a shooting star appeared, only visible for a second but beautiful none the less. Cady smiled.

"I wish for better times." She whispered as a few tears escaped her eyes. Not only because of the sadness and the longing for a friendship. A person she could truly trust. But because Cady finally was at peace. It felt like she was in her own little world. Without sorrow, without pain.

She jumped a little as she heard footsteps nearby.

Ugh.. shit. Way to ruin the night.

She could only imagine in how much trouble she was in right now, but Cady made no effort to move either. For once she didn't care at all. The footsteps came closer and eventually the person came to a stand next to her...

Nothing happened.

Cady felt the persons gaze on her, making her feel a little uneasy, so she opened her eyes, finding a beautiful girl, about her age, looking back at her with a warm smile.

'Hi' she whispered. And Cady gave her a little wave.

The girl was tall, almost six feet if Cady had to guess, her legs long and beautifully shaped. Her hair was brown, bleached at it's ends and shaved on the left side. Even with the bad lighting she could make out the big, beautiful, brown eyes, seeming almost black in the darkness, and a few freckles on the bridge of her nose. Her lips were painted with a dark lipstick which was only complimenting her dark and hypnotising eyes.

Cady let out a questioning hum, unable to form a single word and the girls expression changed, as if she was contemplating if this was a good idea.

"Uhm... would it be weird to ask if I could join you for a second?" She asked in a sheepish tone, like she was already expecting some kind of rejection.

Cady smiled. "Very... but be my guest"

Cady patted the spot next to her as the girls smile widened. She laid down beside her with a little sigh, making herself comfortable. Her shoulder almost touching Cady's which she didn't mind at all.

They didn't talk. Simply lying in a beautiful easy silence, enjoying the sound of the night around them and their even synchronised breathing... until the girl spoke up.

"I'm Janis by the way" she said and held up her hand for Cady to take.

"Cady." The redhead smiled, taking Janis hand into her own, giving it a little squeeze.

They smiled at each other for a second before looking at the sky again, but instead of letting go, they held onto each other, just lowering their hands onto the ground.

It felt good to lie with Janis like this. For the first time Cady didn't feel lonely in this enormous city.

For once she didn't feel judged.

For once she fit in somewhere. Even though it was just a stranger she met twenty minutes ago, laying next to her on the street.

It was a miracle that they didn't get run over by a car at that point.

Hours went by as Janis and Cady laid in silence, still holding each others hand. The motion of Janis thumb, softly brushing over Cadys knuckles, put her mind fully at ease eventually, until the sun came up. Cady dreaded the idea of going home but they both knew they had to.

Janis let out a sigh. "This is nice... we should do this more often" she murmured before standing up, pulling Cady with her. They let go of each other and weirdly enough Cady already didn't like the absence of Janis touch.

"Yeah... definitely." Cady smiled at her even though she was sure that she didn't mean it.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes. Can I have your phone for a second?"

Cady looked at her in confusion but gave her the phone anyways, watching her as she started typing. Janis smiled as she gave her the phone back, her fingertips slightly brushing over Cadys again.

"See you next time, Caddy." She said already starting to walk away backwards.

"Uh. It's Cady."

"Yeah I'm gonna call you Caddie." She turned around with a wink, leaving Cady frozen in a kind of shock until she disappeared around the corner.

This did not just happen... Cady still stared into the direction of the street corner in disbelief until she found the ability to move and unlock her phone again.

A big smile spread across her face as she read the new contact name, in bold letters at the top of the screen.

Your New Favourite Artfreak <3

Cady may have looked like an idiot at that moment. Still standing in the middle of the street, smiling at her phone like a fool, but at least the nights won't be so lonely anymore.

And this is it. It's currently 11:54 am, I'm at work and I'm writing this on my phone. So if this sucks that's why.

I promise I will end the "treat you better" story eventually. I literally only have to write like... two paragraphs but nooooo my brain won't let me and only comes up with new ideas... oh well what can you do.

Anyways I hope you like it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️