Teacher's Special Favor

College AU but make it plotless porn. I wanted to practice and this is what came out of it.

Also: Don't do any moves on your teacher. It just makes things complicated.

After an agonizingly long day of classes Cady dragged herself through the hallways, pushing through the crowds of people, while making her way to her history professor's office. Professor Sarkisian  invited her to celebrate Cady's final week at NYU before she left for an international research program to DC. As much as Cady liked the thought of sitting with her professor, who slowly turned into one of her friends over the years, talking about what ever they came up with, she was exhausted from this tiring day. 

She was on autopilot until she finally found herself standing in front of Janis office, tapping on her door.

"Come in!"

She opened the door and found the young professor sitting on a chair in front of her table, sliding a bookmark into one of her many art history books, as she looked up at her with a smile.

"Hey! Come in. Want a drink?"

Cady nodded, slowly walking into her office, closing the door behind her. 

The room was only dimly lit by the lamp close by her desk, the colorful paintings now seeming a few shades darker than they normally are. It faintly smelled of freshly opened paint and the peppermint tea Janis always liked to consume.

Cady took the seat beside her as Janis handed her a glass of wine - which definitely didn't belong here - looking at her curiously. Something felt off. She has been in her office countless times before but it always had something that still made her see Janis partly as her teacher. But now for once it didn't feel like a superior was sitting in front of her. In this moment they were equals. 

"So. tell me everything." Janis smiled taking a sip from her overly expensive wine as Cady dove right into the story.

She told Janis about the program and Janis would occasionally lean in a little, her knee brushing against Cadys. She didn't seem to be bothered at all and didn't make any effort to adjust herself.

"Okay but wait, they're covering everything?" Janis gaped at her in disbelief.

"Yes." 

"You're kidding."

"No." Cady chuckled. 

"Caddie that's wonderful."

Caddie. A nickname she only used when she was certain that they're alone.

"I'm glad, they recognized your talent and intelligence." Her eyes were filled with pride and happiness, shining in the dim light of the room. It made Cadys knees go weak like ever so often when Cady was with Janis. 

"Well I had really good teachers."

A really good TEACHER. Cady thought, glancing slowly up and down at Janis. Yes. She had a crush on her. A very unhealthy one she might add, but she couldn't help it. Janis just was ridiculously hot.

"No no no." Janis insisted. "You did that on your own."

They smiled at each other, sitting in a brief silence. 

"I kinda missed you today." Cady said, regretting the words as soon as she said them. She looked away taking a sip of her wine trying to hide her burning face. It was true, a day without Janis' classes were kind of uneventful but still it felt weird to say it out loud in front of her.

"Wanna know something funny?" Janis hesitated for a second. "I did too." Cady looked up then finding Janis smirking at her.

This isn't happening. Cady thought, looking at her in disbelief.