You've Got a Match! (1)

Welcome to another episode of 'I'm telling you stories out of my life but make it a Cadnis fanfic.' this is the story how I met my ex boyfriend. He's a treasure and we're still good friends. We talked about our first date recently and I decided that it would be a cool story. 

This is the first part, the conversation Cady and Janis are having is actually the real conversation we had (just that he isn't an animal activist he's a cook... believe me cooks have some amazing stories to tell xD) I hope you like it.

Janis never thought in her entire life that she would ever end up creating a dating app account.

It wasn't even her idea. It was Damian who just couldn't bare seeing Janis alone anymore. Janis has been single since she was 16. Since she caught her ex girlfriend Regina cheating on her she never really had the desire to date anyone again.

But now she put all her courage together and actually, seriously created an account. Not just to troll some Fuckboys, but to actually search for a girl to start a relationship with.

She was sitting alone on her couch, a horror movie in the background, swiping through the different profiles. Most of them were either on there for a quick one night stand, searching for a little experiment or because they desperately needed friends. And the ones who were looking for a relationship were simply not her type.

You're actually the last person who's allowed to be picky right now Sarkisian. Janis thought.

She matched with some people but got bored really quickly after there was nothing more than useless small talk.

She was about to give up when she got the notification that she got a 'super like'

Oh boi.

Everyone she knew warned her about the super likes. They're the worst. But for some reason Janis still clicked onto the profile. It was the best idea she ever had.

Cady Jane Heron, 21

Animal activist

Illinois, Chicago

2 miles away

Hi I'm new here. Let's talk.

🇿🇦 -> 🇺🇸

🦁♥️

Well that doesn't say much about her.

But this girl was the most beautiful girl Janis had ever seen.

She looks like about 5'4 tall, beautiful thick auburn locks and pale skin with freckles all over it. Like stars on the night sky. Big crystal blue eyes and a beautiful genuine smile. This kind of smile which instantly makes you smile with them and brightens up the darkest of days. Her pictures were mostly her in the African savannah with various animals of the African wildlife. Almost like they were good friends.

Janis wanted to know more about this gorgeous girl. She didn't know why but something just drew her to this kind of mysterious girl.

Before Janis knew it she swiped right and the screen changed into a photo collage of their profile pictures and a bold font which said You've got a match! With a chat bar underneath it to write the first message.

Janis hesitated for a second. Should I really? She didn't have the energy to start another awkward and exhausting smalltalk.

She decided against it, put her phone onto the coffee table, and actually started to pay attention to A Nightmare On Elm Street.

It took her by surprise when the familiar Tinder ringtone interrupted her peaceful movie night.

Cady sent you a message

Janis hesitated again, but then just shrugged and opened the chat. She was greeted by a simple ‚Hey'

Better than the other greetings she got though. If she sees one more message saying 'What are you looking for?' Or 'Can I have your number? I lost mine' She'd snap.

So she decided to give it another go.

Janis & Cady

Cady: Hey

Janis: Heya. How you doing?

Cady: I'm good and you?

Janis sighed. She hated this. This is just turning into another smalltalk situation. But then something happened she didn't see coming.

Cady: Your art is out of this world by the way. I really love it.

Woah. She blushed a little. Janis had one picture of a painting in her bio but it was the last one because she figured that no one would swipe that far. She's still very insecure about it.

Janis: Thank you so much :) .. maybe I'll show you more some time. But first you HAVE to tell me more about your animals ;)

Cady: Well there's not much to say.. My Parents are Zoologists and they studied the African wildlife. I basically grew up with these animals in Kenya. But I don't wanna bore you with that....

Janis: BORE ME?!? TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!

Cady: You serious? I wouldn't blame you. No ones really interested in it.

Janis frowned. She could tell that it hurt Cady. Getting rejected because of something you're passionate about is a feeling Janis knew too well.

Janis: Dead serious I wanna know every detail.

Cady: How about we go grab a coffee some time then? Stories are always better to tell in person :)

You don't have to say yes btw..

Janis: I would love to. If you're lucky I'll even show you my sketchbook. ;)

Cady: Yay! How about this Friday? Like 3pm?

Janis: It's a date :)

Janis squirmed a little. Was that too forward? She didn't want to say anything wrong before she could get the chance to even meet this girl.

Cady: Okay then. I'll see you on Friday. :)

Janis let out a sigh out of relief. She couldn't deny that she's excited to meet Cady. She was excited to get to know her. Friday couldn't come soon enough.

Damian's not going to believe this.

Sooooo this is it. I hope you liked it and if you want the actual date story too Imma post that one too :) just let me know. 

If not... then not? xDDDD 

Until next time, bye <3