7 Years

AU: Robots have taken over the world and Humans are forced to stay indoors.

Oh my god guess what I'm not dead I just had no motivation to write at all. This idea is basted off of an independent film I've watched "Robot Overlords". You should watch it, it's great... and Gillian Anderson is in it. This one is a tiny bit longer than normally but hey that's okay. I also have another story ready but I need to work on it a little bit more. AND THEN I finally start working on the The Girl Who Lived book again. But for now have fun with this. 

"Everything's gonna be okay." Cady mumbled as she stood in front of the bathroom mirror, tracing her neck implant lightly. It' s blue radiating light slightly reflecting on the white bathroom walls, was the one reminder that in fact nothing was okay.

They tried to make it seem like it is... but in reality, they're screwed. 

She still remembered the day she got the implant so vividly like it was yesterday.

---

It was a Friday night. The night the whole world officially surrendered, losing the war against the Robot Empire once and for all.

Cady and Janis had a date night at Janis house. Their parents were all out of town this weekend which meant they had the whole house by themselves. Their plan was to make good use of that precious time, until the sirens went off and VCs started to storm her house dragging them out onto the street, into busses, transporting them to the nearest hospital. Little did they know that Janis house will be their home for the next seven years.

As they stepped out of the bus a huge crowd was already there, almost waiting for them, pushing forward, desperately trying to see what's going on. She heard a woman cry out as she fell into a puddle. Cady caught a glimpse of blood. A gashed knee, grazed knuckles. A man helped her to her feet and she saw that they're both crying.

"Stay close Caddie" Janis took her hand squeezing it tightly. "I don't wanna lose you."

That was when Cady saw one of them. They called it Sentry. One of the most powerful Robots. Rumor has it that it can evaporate someone in 3 seconds if they disobey their orders. They were also the most common, posted on every street corner. 

This one towered over the hospital entrance, standing two storeys tall, the high powered beam in the middle of its faceless metallic skull sweeping across the crowd. Rows of shilouetted heads turned away from it, wincing at the intense light. It's weapon arm crackled with energy, glowing red in the dark. Cady didn't want to know how powerful it was, but she was about to find out as an angry citizen made his way up to it, throwing with rocks.

The red light glowed stronger as it rose it's arm, shooting out a bright beam of light.

1 - 2 - 3.

He was gone. All what's left of him was a pile of ash on the ground. A woman in the distance cried out a name and Cadys breath hitched as it happened. Janis wrapped her arms around her, guiding her more into the direction of the hospital doors. Her focus was still on the pile which was a human being just a couple of seconds ago.

Her focus shifted as she heard the high pitched sound of a microphone getting turned on, and their major started speaking to them.

"As of midnight last night, in order to prevent any further loss of life, every government on the planet surrendered unconditionally to the Robot Empire. We are now subject to their laws until they finished their studies. There's only one rule we must obey. Stay indoors. To make sure that people don't violate these laws everyone has to get a procedure done. An implant to track if you're inside, developed by the empire. Every act of resistance will be punished with an immediate death." the major paused before she looked up from the page she was reading to them. "I am so sorry ladys and gentlemen but that's final."