Worst Christmas Ever (But You Made It a Little Better)

Moments of the day leading up to the best Christmas present Cady has ever received. Enjoy! Sorry it only came today but I'm in Denmark so it was all a little complicated. Shoutout to maybeimamuppet for getting me through this. without her encouraging me this wouldn't be here xD. Anyways I hope this doesn't suck. Have fun.

The person tho came up with the concept of Christmas being the most wonderful and relaxing time of the year was definitely lying to themselves. Cady hated Christmas time. Yes it's leading up to beautiful three days with family, friends and presents, but even that was really taking it's time this year.

It was the 24th of December when Cady finally got to buy the last Christmas present she needed but of course it didn't go quite as well as Cady had planned.

At first she overslept, then her car wouldn't turn on, she missed her bus, the next wouldn't let her in without a mask which she obviously forgot and the mall was packed with people who still didn't care that they were in the middle of a pandemic.

She was cautious but mostly anxious as she was walking through the isles, walking past people coughing and arguing with security people without a mask on. She'd have to get tested on her way to Janis house.

Janis. Her friend was the reason she was here. She still needed a present.

The art store she was in was packed. She never liked crowded places but during the pandemic her anxiety just got worse and to top it all of she had no idea what she was doing.

After a long time of walking through the same aisles over and over again, on the last shelf in the very back of the store, she finally spotted something she could work with. Her excitement grew as she stood on her tip toes, desperate to get it -

until someone else grabbed it and walked away.

FUCK. THIS. SHIT!!!!

Janis favourite coffee has to do it for now.

------

Cady let out a relieved sigh as Janis driveway finally came into view. After the way too long trip to the art store and complications on the way, she couldn't wait to finally meet her sanctuary. She smiled at the thought of being wrapped into fuzzy blankets with a hot chocolate in her hand, while Janis is holding her, gently combing through her hair like she always does. She absolutely loved it. Not only because Janis gave the best hugs, but also because she wished for nothing more this year than to be able to call Janis her girlfriend. She had been crushing on her best friend for a while now - longer than she liked to admit - but never had the courage to tell her. Scared of rejection and to make things awkward.

Lost in her thoughts, Cady completely forgot that she was still walking on slippery ground until her foot slipped on a layer of ice, and she fell right onto her back. Hard.

"FUCK!" She screamed, the coffee was spilled all around her, slightly melting the layer of snow underneath, coloring it in a brown shade. Cady was surprised that no neighbor was already out and complaining. Instead she heard the patting of bare feet on the ice along little curses being muttered under someones breath.

It was Janis, still in her pajamas, running over to her barefoot just to scoop her up and hastily carry her back into her house.

"Janis, what the fuck?" Cady gasped looking down at Janis' now very red feet.

"Don't Janis me. It's freezing cold, you fell and the last thing I want is Chad from next door to throw a tantrum because you bothered him while he was playing COD."

Cady felt her feet gently touch the ground again, Janis hands still resting on her hips to keep her steady.

"Hi" Janis grinned as she finally looked up at her, her eyes glistening in the sun light.