Dead by Daylight (5)

Last one, with a little bit of Cadnis at the end because I was very depressed xD. Have fun. Plus I've changed the cover of this because I got tired of this drawing to be honest. But hey now its a Playbill xD.

Janis bolted up straight, breathing heavily. She looked around. The setting was different. She was no longer at the lake. She was still in the woods but it was way dryer and... warmer? Beside her was a campfire lighting up the dark and cold night. The silence only broken by the slight crackling of the branches, used to maintain the fire.

Janis scooted closer to it in hopes it will dry her completely drenched clothes a little faster, holding her hands in front of her to warm up her frostbitten fingers. That's when she realized that the nails have been removed out of her palms and her hands were neatly bandaged, keeping the wounds from getting infected. The pain now manageable, it was less burning and more a weird feeling of pressure on her hands.

Whoever was with her was extremely dumb, but also very skilled.

The worst thing you could do at night with a killer chasing you was to put on a fire. The light which was radiating off of it and the smoke floating up in the air are easily giving away your location.

Have you ever seen a horror movie?

„Are you okay?" a voice asked beside her.

„Y- Yeah. How long was I out?" Janis tried to make out who was beside her. It was Amber. Amber D'Alessio from art class back in Highschool.  

„A couple of hours. We had to change locations a few times because of the fire, but there was no other way to keep you warm enough." Amber mumbled as she was fiddling with the string on her hoodie.

Not so dumb after all.

„Thank you. So much. You didn't have to do that" Janis whispered. She really was thankful even though it would've been easier for her if she just died in that lake.

„Nope. And I seriously didn't want to." Amber shook her head slightly. A hint of annoyance in her voice.

„But little Kylie over here wouldn't leave without you sooo... thank her when she wakes up."

„I will.." Janis smiled over at Kylie who was sleeping peacefully. Apparently the devil doesn't run in the family, considering that her sister made Highschool the living hell for her.

„Those holes were hard to manage by the way.. removing the nails without damaging your hands any more was a pain in the ass and I had to change the bandages 6 times. It was nasty." Amber glanced onto Janis' hands with a disgusted expression.

Janis chuckled at this point. Wow she really hates me. „Yeah.. maybe not the best idea of me just ripping them off the bar.."

A moment of silence followed. Neither of them knew what to say.

„We should get going in a couple of minutes before-"

Before Amber could even end the sentence a dark figure jumped out of a bush near them sprinting towards her.

„WATCH OUT!" Janis exclaimed.

But it was too late. The killer grabbed her at the back of her neck and tried to push her head down into the flames. Amber tried to fight against him, literally scared to death. But he was too strong. As soon as her face made contact with the fire she let out a piercing scream, crying out in pain. He pushed her down further into the flames until her screams died down, and only the sound of burning skin was erupting the silence.

Janis looked from Ambers deformed, burned face back to Kylie who pressed her back against a tree, hugging her knees tightly. Silent tears running down her face.