That didn't go as planned (2)

Here's the second part of the series. 3rd part is in the works but as long as I'm working on that one have fun with this.

"I- wow." Was all Cady could say. She turned around and headed downstairs again, ready to leave.
"Cady!... SHIT." Aaron sprinted down the stairs to catch up with her. "Wait. Please I can explain!"
Cady turned around shaking in rage. Her heart was racing inside of her chest. She could feel it breaking slowly into a million pieces.
"EXPLAIN WHAT?! That you just cheated on me? That you just slept with another woman? Explain how you just broke the last bit of trust I had in you? How you're slowly destroying this relationship entirely? How you accused me of being in love with my best friend and that I'm always going to love her more than I love you just to have sex with another woman THE NEXT DAY? And out of all the girls in this whole fucking world it has to be REGINA GEORGE? YOUR HIGH SCHOOL GIRLFRIEND? A little ironic don't you think?" Tears were forming in the corner of her eyes but Cady refused to cry in front of him. "Good luck. I'm listening."
Aaron went quiet. A shocked expression on his face. He didn't know what to say so he just looked down and said "I'm sorry."
Cady scoffed. Then she took the wedding ring from her finger, placed it onto the counter and said "I'm done."
"Cady.. wait. Where are you going?"
"I'm going to Janis place. And when I come back, I want you to be gone. I'm sick of fighting for this just to get hurt in return."
She left the house slamming the door shut behind her.
Cadys heart was hurting. Still racing inside of her chest. Her husband cheated on her. She never thought that something like this would ever happen to her. And even worse, it was with her Highschool friend. As soon as she walked out of the house the tears started flowing. Feeling hot against her cheeks in the cold winter air. With every step she took the pain just got worse. Her legs got weaker and her vision got blurrier.
Fuck. She thought. How is she going to explain all of this to Janis without breaking down entirely. She knew that Janis would hold her for a week if necessary, but she still didn't want to be a burden to her.
Soon she found herself infront of Janis apartment door knocking louder than she actually wanted but she had no control over her body at this point. She could've used the key Janis gave her in case something happens and no one's home but her hands were too shaky to even find the key inside her pocket.
Luckily a few moments later Janis opened the door. After one glance at Cady she already knew something was up and gave her a bone crushing hug. As soon as she hugged her Cady began sobbing loudly.
"Oh no Peanut...." she whispered kissing her soft auburn locks.
She slowly guided Cady into the apartment she shared with Damian, - who was currently at his boyfriends house - closing the door behind her. Cady was not even bothering to try to explain what happened. She just wanted to be held and cry for a very long time. And Janis knew. So she picked Cady up carrying her the rest of the way to the couch.
She sat down with Cady on her lap and her arms protectively wrapped around her. Cady burrowed her face more and more into Janis chest crying harder than she ever did before.
Janis just held her, rocking her gently. Her hand softly combing through her long auburn hair, placing gentle, little kisses along her forehead. She wasn't talking. She knew it wouldn't make anything better. If anything it would make it worse.
After what felt like hours Cady finally calmed down a little. Too exhausted to keep crying. Slightly more relaxed by the soft sensation of Janis playing with her hair. She managed to show the slightest smile while repositioning herself a little.
It was silent for a couple more minutes until Cady spoke up.
"He chea- cheated on me..." it was still hard to talk. But she eventually managed to start telling the story.
She told her everything. From Aaron keeping her from seeing Janis and Damian when she was still in Chicago to him accusing her of still being in love with Janis and finally to him cheating on her.
"The best part is actually that he slept with no other than Regina George. His high school girlfriend."
"Ironic." Janis mumbled. Trying to think of the best way to kill Aaron and making it look like an accident.
Cady chuckled weakly "That's what I said."
"There we go... There's that little smile I love so much." Janis smiled as she tucked a little strand of hair behind Cadys ear. She probably shouldn't have said it that way because that was one of the reasons Aaron and Cady fought in the first place but she couldn't help it. After all these years she still loved her. And she secretly hopes that Cady kind of feels the same way. She was glad to see that it made Cady smile even more. Cadys smile was the most beautiful and contagious thing in the universe. It made her look even more beautiful than she already did on a regular basis. It was enough to brighten up her whole life. Janis would do anything to make her smile.
Cady looked up at Janis, placing her chin onto her chest while still holding onto her. Their eyes met and there was this weird feeling inside of them which both haven't felt in a really long time. It was a feeling of warmth and it shot through them like a lightning in a storm. They didn't know what let them to it but they both leaned in slowly. Their lips were barely touching when there was an aggressive knock on the door, making them both jump.
Janis let go of Caddie and stood up. "Stay there." She said, making her way to the door as there was an even louder knock and a rattling noise coming from it.
She looked through the little peak hole and saw none other than Aaron Samuels himself trying to force Janis door. She sighed and made the job for him a lot easier by opening the door just enough to let Janis still block the entrance.
"If you really think that Caddie wants to talk to you right now you're straight up delirious honey." She said firmly. Looking at the mess Aaron really was.
"Out of my way Sarkisian I wanna talk to my wife." He tried to push her out of the way but Janis blocked him.
"Last time I checked she broke up with you telling you to leave her fucking house. So please do us all a favour and leave us.. leave HER the fuck alone." She she growled.
"Last time I checked you two weren't an "us" because you broke up in High School. So I'm sorry Sarkisian but if you really think that you know Cady or what's best for her better than I do right now, you're the one who's delirious. So let. Me. IN!"
Janis pushed him away for a second time ready to really hurt him. But instead she said:
"Oh really? You really seriously think that you know Caddie even the slightest bit better than I do? You really think that you did more for her over the years than I did? And you seriously think that you the one who loves her more? Sorry to disappoint you but that couldn't be further away from the truth.
Who was the one who always supported Caddies dream to live in New York doing what she actually loves? I did. You kept her from going to college here and kept her in Chicago. The place she wanted to leave as soon as she could.
Who was there for her at any time of the day when she was sad or anxious and didn't know what to do? I was. You shut off your phone at ten because apparently you need your beauty sleep to be able to work the next day.
Who encouraged her to do her master in mathematics? I did. You wanted her to get a job as soon as she possibly can.
Who always asked her how she's doing in the morning and before going to bed every single fucking day for the last 10 years? I did.
Who always accepted her decision to cancel plans to stay with someone they don't necessarily like? I did.
Who came to her graduation telling her how proud they are of her? I did. You went on a business trip you didn't even need to attend!!!!! Like... what?!?
I'm the one who always sang her to sleep over FaceTime when she's anxious and you were fast asleep not even bothering to do anything even if she woke you up.
I always remember her favourite songs and put them in a playlist so that we can listen to them on car rides, I'm the one who spends time with her when you cancel dates or take extra shifts, I'm cuddling her when she feels lonely, I'm the one who talks to her whenever and wherever she wants, I'm the one who's telling her constantly how much I love her....
You probably do too. But the difference between you and I is that I actually mean it.
So don't tell me that you know her better. Don't tell me that you love her more than I do because your actions speak for themselves.
So do us a favour and LEAVE."
Aaron looked at her in shock for a minute but then did as he was told because he knew he wouldn't win that fight. The last thing Janis heard from him before he got out of view was a "Fuck you Sarkisian." Which she happily ignored.
As she turned around to get back to Cady again, she was surprised to see her standing right behind her. Looking back at her with an expression she couldn't quiet identify as something good or bad. She was completely clueless of what's going on until it hit her. She literally heard EVERYTHING.
"Caddie-" Janis started to speak but got cut off by Cady cupping her cheeks and pressing her lips onto hers.
Janis was shocked at first but then deepened the kiss, grabbing her neck gently, pulling her closer.
Janis knew for a fact that this wasn't a 'I love you too let's get back together' thing, but that didn't make her enjoy it any less.

This is it for now. As I said I'm already working on the 3rd thing and I'm almost halfway through so it won't take long. Until next time. Have a nice day. Bye♥️