12am

This was actually a request. (yes you can request things if you want me to write something special. just hit me up xD) "It's NYE and Janis is tired and can't stay up and Cady&Damian try to help her stay up for New Years. OR the other way around where they are trying to get her to sleep."

Janis never really liked New Years Eve. It was just the beginning of another shitty year for her, so why making a big deal out of it? Her ideal plan was to watch Dinner for One with Damian and then go to sleep at ten, sleeping through the night, ignoring the firework and celebrations of the neighbors.

But this year it was different. She had to stay up. Because to her beloved girlfriend New Years Eve is one of the most important nights of the year. Cady was the complete opposite. To her it was the beginning of a new year full of surprises and possibilities. Janis admired her for it, and she promised her to get through it with her to give her a New Years Kiss for good luck. Something she could use too. 

She just couldn't say no to her. Something in her sparkling, crystal blue eyes and her adorable little smile made it impossible to reject her anything.

So there she was laying on the couch with Cady cuddled into her side watching Dinner for One. The one thing of her tradition she'd never give up. And Cady didn't want her to. She actually seemed to enjoy it.

It was so peaceful with Cady beside her. Just laying there, toying with her silky, lavender scented hair. It was no surprise that Janis eventually fell asleep.

"Jan? Jan.. wake up."

Janis couldn't get anything out except for a little 'mmh?' as she slowly came back to her senses.

Cady was straddling her hips, running her hands over Janis sides.

"Wake up, love." She whispered brushing her lips slowly over her girlfriends.

"Caddie-" she got cut off by another kiss. She wanted to complain, she wanted to sleep. But this was way better.

Janis hands found their way up Cadys thighs and up to her hips as they kissed lazily but lovingly while Purple Rain by Prince played quietly in the background. It was part of some shitty NYE music show but to Janis it was still perfect.

To hear her favorite love song while having the love of her life in her arms had to be one of the best feelings Janis ever felt in her life.

All the tiredness was replaced, her heart was making backflips inside of her chest and she smiled into the kisses thinking about how lucky she was.

Cady reluctantly pulled away first, murmuring "You awake now?"

"Very much so, yes." Janis smiled, tracing her hands over Cadys thighs again.

"Good." Cady gave her another sweet kiss before she stood up saying, "Then come on. Damian will be here in ten minutes."

"CADDIEEEEEE! Not fair!" Janis tried to catch her but Cady was already on her feet standing far enough away from her, with her arms folded in front of her chest.

"How else could I've woken you up?" She said chuckling a little.

"Oh I don't know... maybe just tell me to wake up and shake me awake?" Janis buried her face into the pillow groaning in frustration.

"Because that works so well."

"IT MIGHT!" Janis stood up walking towards her, eventually pulling her close to her by the waist again.

"I'm sorry, my love." Cady chuckled, slowly snaking her arms around Janis neck.

"No you're not."

"You're right I'm not." Cady chuckled placing a gentle kiss on her girlfriends lips.

There was a moment of silence as they just stood there in each others embrace, swaying back and forth a little until Janis spoke up again.

"That was a mistake by the way."

"Huh?"

Cady let out a squeal as Janis picked her up making her way back to the couch again. She tried to get out of her grip, laughing, but before she knew it she was pinned onto the couch by Janis making herself comfortable on top of her.

"Now. Sleep." she murmured burying her face into Cadys neck again.

"JANIS"

"Don't Janis me."

--------

Cady was relieved when Damian entered the room.

"What's happening?" He asked, looking at the couple questioningly.

"Janis promised me to stay awake with me."

"But I'm tired!" she exclaimed tightening her grip around her a little.

"JanJan we talked about this. If you promise something you keep that promise" all of the sudden Janis was lifted off of Cady and placed back on her feet.

She turned around glaring at Damian. "You're supposed to be on my side here."

"Not when midnight is just 2 hours away honey."

"Yeah 2 hours I could sleep and you guys wake me up again like 5 minutes before midnight."

"Janis.. please?"

"Don't Janis me-" She turned to Cady again, instantly getting lost in those god damn beautiful eyes. Her gaze softened the tiniest bit and she said "Fine. But right after the whole 'Happy New Year' shit is over I'm going to sleep."

She sat down on the couch again crossing her arms in front of her chest.

--------

Janis couldn't deny that the next two hours weren't so bad. She got her favorite energy drink and they talked about what the ideal next year would look like. Janis was always scared thinking about the future but with Damian and Cady it all felt so easy.

It was 3 minutes before midnight. Cady ended up sitting on Janis lap with her head placed on her chest, and to their surprise it was Damian who actually fell asleep an hour into their conversation.

"Hypocrite" Janis chuckled but still let him sleep as they started to hear the neighbors counting the seconds down to midnight, outside.

Cady stood up and held out her hand which Janis gladly took as she stood up. They made their way to Cadys front porch and looked up into the sky watching the first fireworks appear in all their colorful glory.

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 -

Cady didn't even notice the crowd screaming happy new year because as soon as Janis pulled her in to a mind-blowing kiss the whole world just melted away. Janis hand tangled itself into Cadys hair while the other arm was wrapped around her waist, pulling her as close as she possibly could.

Cadys arms found themselves around Janis upper torso and for a moment her whole world was at peace.

This time it was Janis who pulled away first, pressing their foreheads together.

"Happy new year Caddie."

"Happy new year Jan."

They stood there in silence for a moment just smiling before Janis took Cadys hand and started to lead her back inside. "Now. Sleep."

Soooo this is it. Again if you have any ideas just dm me on here and I will try to come up with something. Even if you just want a sequel to a prior one shot I'm glad to take requests.

As always I hope you liked it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️