Treat You Better (1)

I already know that this is going to be hard and I'll need ages to finish it but hey let's stay optimistic and say that I'll definitely finish it during pride month xD This idea is kinda, loosely based on "Like Father" just that it's Cadnis and very fluffy. Enjoy the first part.

Cady always had been annoyingly beautiful. 

There's nothing quite like her big beautiful crystal blue eyes, framed with long lashes and her contagious smile which always lightens up the darkest of days. The way her silky, beautiful auburn hair fell in waves over her slim shoulders, except for that one strand that never seemed to want to stay in place. Her small body, so fragile yet so strong, all of it was perfect and every time Janis looked at her best friend her heart gave a flutter.

She was her little angel, who has fallen from the sky.

Janis would never admit it but she always imagined how Cady would look like in a wedding dress, walking down the aisle at her wedding. How it would define her body, sparkling in the sunlight, but still not outshining her beautiful smile.

The excitement only grew when she was waiting at the altar for her to finally enter the venue. She was fidgeting at the edge of her suit, chewing on her lower lip which earned a disapproving look from Damian.

She flattened her suit one last time with her hands, and then it happened. The wedding music started playing and Cady came into view. 

Her jaw dropped as she caught her sight.

Cady was wearing a wedding gown, the long sleeves and top part made of white lace, shaped like roses and other flowers while the skirt was a light pink silk, falling down on the floor. Her hair was braided over her right shoulder and she was wearing a subtle crown made out of pink and white dainty flowers, highlighted with golden pearls. 

Janis smiled. Janis made it for her as a pre wedding gift. They both always loved making flower crowns for each other when they were sitting in the field on a hot summer day, back in Highschool and Janis loved to remember these days. So it was only fitting. 

Her make up was subtle, her many cute freckles still showing through her foundation and blush highlighting her rosy cheeks just a little bit more. 

She was more beautiful than she could've ever imagined.

Which was one of the many reasons why it physically pained her that she wasn't the one who's going to marry her. 

Her attention shifted to the groom. Aaron. Janis promised to herself that she would be happy for Cady, but she couldn't. Not only because she was in love with Cady, but she also had this gut feeling that Aaron wasn't good for her. He wasn't the right one for her. He didn't treat her like she should be treated. 

He's dreamy, but not the sun. He gave her love, but not the world. 

But Cady was happy, so she kept it to herself and agreed to marry them.

It would've been bad enough to be the bridesmaid, but to actually be the one who's tying the knot was a torture she wouldn't wish to anyone. 

The wedding music faded as Cady arrived at the altar, and suddenly something felt off... Aaron got a lot more nervous and couldn't meet Cadys eyes, the eyes you could easily get lost in. He shifted his weight from feet to feet and he was shaking a little.

Keep it together dude.

It was normal to be nervous at your wedding, but Janis could tell that it wasn't the overwhelming excitement you should feel as soon as the person you love the most stands right in front of you.