The Time of My Life

Hi and welcome back to your favourite series 'Jule's life stories but make it Cadnis' The series in which I tell you true stories which happened to me but turn it into a Cadnis fan fiction because Cadnis makes everything better. Enjoy.

It was a relatively quiet night as Janis slowly made her way through the small alleyways of Chicago. It was warm. The hot and humid air was sticking against her skin and her jacket was definitely too thick for this particular midsummer night.

She regretted leaving her bed.

She never even liked parties. The strong claustrophobic feeling of bodies pressed against each other, dancing and sweating, was just not what Janis envisioned as 'fun'. But sadly she had to go. She promised Damian to be his wing mate at this queer party by Devil's Kitchen Lake.

The christians would love the irony behind the location choice.

Normally the lake was one of the most peaceful places in south Illinois but when Janis heard the thumping techno beats in the distance it dawned on her that this won't be just a few girls, gays and they's, gathering around a campfire, drinking and having a good time. That night would be her personal nightmare.

She stopped just before the clearing of the woods. She could still turn around and tell Damian some bad excuse why she wasn't coming. She could escape all of this with one call. On the other hand Damian went to every single of her art shows without complaining. She owed him this much. She sighed, gathering herself for a moment just enjoying the few last moments of being alone before diving into the mass of people.

"Are you okay?" A voice said behind her, startling her a little.

As she turned around she saw a girl about her age and she was stunning. Her thick, auburn hair was falling in curls over her slim shoulders framing her delicate freckle sprinkled face perfectly. Her perfectly shaped brows were furrowed the tiniest bit in concern and two big ocean blue eyes were looking up at her, glimmering in the moonlight.

Yep I'm definitely going to this party.

"Uh- Yeah.. Yeah I'm just no big fan of parties..." She stumbled over her words a little, trying to collect herself.

The girls lips tucked up into a smile, "Me neither."

"I guess we both came to the wrong place then?" Janis chuckled as they both started walking towards the lake together. The music got louder and you could hear the laughter, people screaming along with the lyrics and faint moans from a little further away in the woods.

"I wouldn't say tha-"

"CADYYYYYYY!" A brunette girl came weaving towards them with a big toothy grin on her face and an almost empty bottle in her hand. She side eyed Janis as she pulled her into a hug, giving her a slightly disapproving look.

"Finally! You're here oh my god! I just saw Aaron getting a drink! let's go!" Her words were slightly slurred, blending together, making it hard to even understand.

With one last look at Janis she grabbed the girls' wrist and pulled her away.

Cady glanced back one more time, with an apologetic look on her face before vanishing in the crowd of people, leaving Janis alone.

Well that's just homophobic.

Back to square one.

---

There were drinks everywhere, empty cups scattered around on the floor making it easy to trip over them. The sand felt soft and warm beneath Janis' feet and the red plastic cup in her hand was sticking against her skin. There were people dancing, bodies pressed against each other, guided by the rhythm of the music. There were rough exchanged kisses and people filming, cheering them on.