Halloween

Hi hi hi my dear friends. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Who had a good mental health day on Friday and Saturday? That's right, me. Did I use those two days for writing? Yep. Was I anxious that I wouldn't have anything for Halloween this year? Absolutely. 

But here you have it. 2 halloween themed stories. Enjoy!

You're My Sweetheart

If someone would've told Janis how boring the afterlife could be, she would've kindly declined to ever get there.

Now... it had its certain perks. Like getting your young adult appearance back, being able to play with the old family dog, to wander around her favorite places without being noticed, scaring the shit out of people who are now living in her old house... but after 4 years, the loneliness was finally getting to her.

She missed her family, her friends and the love of her life. 

You see, there were 3 rules in the afterlife:

1. You can only choose one person to spend it with and this person has to choose you too (This rule did not apply to pets. You'll reunite with them as soon as you're dead)

2. You'll never know when a loved one dies or if they chose you

3. You're not allowed to look for the loved one you chose, checking if they're still somewhere, alive.

Stupid rules if you'd ask Janis.

Now you're probably asking yourself: Who did she choose?

Well it was pretty easy. She chose the one woman she promised to be with until she took her last breath and whatever came after that. Cady. But Cady wasn't with her yet. And some days she lost hope that she ever would be. They had a wonderful life together. It was their own little fairytale and perfectly imperfect but she still doubted herself. Maybe Cady wanted something else for her afterlife than scaring kids and running around the graveyard with their dog. What if she moved on and found someone else? Someone better...

But she had to hold onto the tiny bit of hope that was still left. There were so many things she would love to do with her. Like haunting a library with her at night, reading all the books they never got to read, holding her close like she always did. Going to places they never got to see - turns out being dead makes traveling a whole lot easier - or revisiting the ones they loved the most. She wanted to dance with her to their song again, hold her close while humming the melody.

She just wanted her.

Now it was the fourth Halloween without Cady and Janis was laying on her grave with Andy right next to her, happily chewing on his toy. It was dark, only the full moon and the bright stars were illuminating the foggy night, making the graveyard almost look peaceful. The way it's supposed to be.

Scaring kids got boring after just a few hours and the fairs weren't as fun anymore, especially alone. As a ghost. So she was laying there, listening to the music coming from the speaker some teenagers brought, running around the graveyard, seriously trying to play with an ouija board. As if anyone would be interested into their questions.

"Does my crush really like me?" Who did they think ghosts are? God?

Straights, man...

Cady would've probably been the only one who tried to help, encouraging him to ask his crush out. She smiled at the thought. How much she wished she was with her.

She laid in silence for a while, wondering if Cady somewhere currently did the same, until Andy stood up wagging his tail happily, barking into the direction of her tombstone. Something was moving.