Treat You Better (2)

Part 2/4 or 5 idk yet. Let's gooooo! I feel like this one's a little boring but bare with me. There's some fluff in the end xD

At the day of their flight the first doubts started catching up on Cady. 

What if Janis doesn't want to go? What if she just wanted to be nice? What if she's just going with her out of pity? Cady feels miserable why would anyone want to spend time with her right now?

"Here your favorite." a voice said softly, as the welcoming smell of gingerbread and nutmeg hit her.

Gingerbread latte. It was indeed Cadys favourite Christmas drink. The taste always unlocked one  specific childhood memory. Cady and her parents tried to piece together a Gingerbreadhouse, but to her parents frustration Cady always took a bite from the different pieces, making them all unusable, just so she could eat them all.

"Thanks" she smiled as her gaze followed Janis, sitting down on the bench next to her.

They sat in silence for a while, just listening to the sounds of the busy airport, sipping their drinks. But this time it wasn't the easy silence Cady was used to and loved so much. Her body was tense and she fiddled around with the cup more than to actually drink her coffee. Janis noticed, of course, and put a comforting hand onto her shoulder.

"Are you sure this is okay?!" She blurted out, making Janis jump a little.

"What?"

"Are you sure you wanna go on this trip with me?" Tears were slowly filling Cadys eyes, blurring her vision slightly as she looked at Janis.

"Hey Hey..." Janis took Cadys drink from her and placed it onto a little table beside them, before wrapping her arms around Cadys shaking body tightly.

She pressed a light kiss onto the top of her head. "Of course I wanna go with you"

"I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't... I'm a mess." Cady mumbled, her face now buried into Janis chest as she cried slightly.

"Maybe..." Janis pulled away a little to wipe away Cadys tears. "but you're my little mess. And I am so excited to go on this trip with you."

Cady let out a watery chuckle. "Really?"

"Really. Now. Drink your damn coffee and let's go." 

------

The flight was exhausting. Eleven hours of being squished into a tight space, crying children and a sleeping Cady weirdly attached to Janis were unbearable. She was dreading the idea of driving another 4 hours to their hotel so that she could finally get some sleep herself.

The idea of sleeping in a strangers car just terrified her, so instead she used the opportunity to take a nap as they (im)patiently waited for their Uber to arrive, at the front of the airport. Her head was resting on Cadys - surprisingly comfortable - shoulder, as she wrapped her arms loosely around Cadys waist to keep her close. Eventually she fell asleep to the sweet and calming smell of lavender which surrounded Cadys hair.

It was too good to last though. Cady gently shook her awake, moving a strand of hair which has fallen into Janis face behind her ear. Janis reluctantly let go of her and stood up, reaching for Cadys hand again to keep her balance. A little drunken from sleep.

"We're almost there Munchkin." Cady giggled softly as her face scrunched up at the nickname.

"Call me Munchkin one more time and you'll end up like Elphabas sister." Janis grumbled in response, as she let go of Cadys hand again to get into the car.

The drive was quiet, both of them sitting in the back, desperately trying to stay awake.

Cady and Aaron decided to stay in Reykjavik, close to Iceland's Hinterland. The arctic beauty always fascinated Cady while Aaron was more of a big city type, so it made sense. Still it was a bad idea to choose the airport four hours away from it.