I Want To Hold Your Hand

Hello. Another short story because writing this one 'treat you better' chapter feels like a chore right now. I will do it because i really like the story but right now my brain won't let me.
This oneshot is a little shorter and inspired by the drabble 'hands' in which Crier (non human) discovers what 'holding hands' means and asks Ayla (human) if she can try it out with her. (It's a fan fic based on the Novel 'Criers War' and you can find it on ao3) anyways this is still a whole lot different but yeah... Enjoy!

This is kind of a Trigger Warning: I'm mentioning scars and you could interpret it as self harm scars, even tho in my head they weren't, but still.

Now have fun.

Janis never really liked physical touch. Ever since she was a kid she couldn't stand the idea of it. Even the slightest brushing of someones arm against hers made her body stiffen and the little hairs on her neck stand up.

But it all changed at the night of Spring Fling. It was the first time Cady really hugged Janis. Her arms were tightly wrapped around her torso and her face buried into the crook of her neck as she whispered another sincere apology into her ear. That night the world stood still and a warm feeling radiated from her chest throughout her whole body the longer they stood there, gently rocking from side to side. Janis wrapped her arms tightly around the smaller girls waist, pulling her impossibly closer and just held her for as long as she could.

Later on Janis fell in love with cuddling her girlfriend. Just lying down, their bodies pressed against each other, one hand playing with Cady's gorgeous auburn hair and the other arm tightly wrapped around her.

But what Janis loved the most was just holding Cady's hands. It was the most normal, subtle and innocent thing, yet with Cady it felt almost magical.

She'll always remember the first time it happened. Not just their hands brushing against each others when they were walking down the hall together, the simple intertwining of their pinkies when they took walks in the park or the gentle, comforting squeezes, but the first time she really held her hands.

They were sitting on the couch, listening to the quiet lofi beats in the background, talking about their days when Cady slipped her hand into Janis' slowly linking their fingers together. She was stunned at first. Surprised by the little contact, but soon she gave it a squeeze, already reaching for the other. They fell silent as Cady watched Janis looking at their intertwined hands, brushing her thumb over her knuckles softly. She explored every inch and every curve of her small, delicate hands, taking in every little detail.

Her slightly rough fingertips, her soft knuckles and back of her hand, her pulse slowly picking up speed as she traced the inside of Cady's wrist with her thumb, and the tiny scars on her palms. She felt Cady growing a little tense, her gaze still on her, probably waiting for a reaction but Janis didn't bother at all. She kept tracing over the white lines creating random little patterns before she placed a small kiss on each palm.

"You're beautiful, Peanut." she whispered, getting smiles and a soft kiss as an answer.

Sooooo that's it. I wrote this one while I was bored at work so this could suck but hey... have it anyways.😂 Now I'll seriously try to write the 2 fucking paragraphs I need to finish 'treat you better' before I'm going insane.
As always I hope you like it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️