Dead by Daylight (3)

HOLD UP. Is this seriously me publishing two days in a row?? Why yes it is. The ideas keep coming at the moment xD.

A third part to Dead by Daylight because I felt like it. It got too long again so there will be another part coming up. I know I ended the last Dead by Daylight thing with Janis waking up but the fact that amnesia hits her as soon as she dreams of this made it easy to pick up on the story.

Disclaimer: Not soft, not gay, bloody, much death, based on the horror game 'Dead by Daylight and a recurring dream of mine. 

Have fun. 

Janis woke up with a sharp pain striking throughout her whole body. She moaned as she was trying to sit up. Every single movement felt like a thousand knifes being stabbed and twisted inside her.

She rubbed her eyes to orientate herself.

Fuck.

She knew this place. The field, the forest, the cliff and the massive door. She was here before.

„No no no no no no no.. no please..." She slowly sat up careful to not trigger any more pain. „Not again."

It was like last time. No memories what happened before she got here, and no idea how to get through this alone. She lost almost everyone she came in contact with the last time she was here. There couldn't be anyone left.

That's when she heard a scream in the distance and heavy footsteps coming closer.

„Ugh fuck me." Janis sighed as she started sprinting towards the forest.

She saw the first generator along the way, but she will worry about that later. First she needed a hiding spot. And she already knew where to find it. But as she found the trap door she was looking for, it wouldn't open.

„Of course." She whispered angrily. „Of fucking course." She kicked against the door and she heard a loud thud followed by a silent crack. She stopped in her tracks and leaned down again trying to open the door one more time. And it opened. She climbed down the ladder, quietly closing the trap door behind her. After she turned the light on she backed away in terror, pressing her hands over her mouth to not let out a scream.

Right at her feet there was Aaron lying on the floor with his neck bent in an unnatural position. His eyes wide open as if he was frozen in shock. 

Janis slowly reached down in hopes she would miraculously feel a plus, but as expected, nothing. He was dead.

Her friend was dead. But the worst part was that it's her fault. She killed him.

A tear ran down her face as she whispered "I'm so sorry Aaron.. I'm so fucking sorry." She let out a little sob but instantly tried to calm herself down. She couldn't lose her shit. Not now. As much as it hurt to lose a good friend, she had to keep calm to survive this. She moved the little strand of hair which was sticking onto his forehead out of his face and whispered one last 'sorry' before searching for anything useful in this room.

She wasn't as lucky as she was the last time but she still wasn't complaining. She found some tools for fixing the generators, a pocket knife and a waterbottle inside of Aarons bag. No weapon but still a good base to start with.

As she took one last glance at Aaron, ready to leave there was the bloodcurdling sound of the sirens signaling that another generator was fixed. Janis sank onto the ground, covering her ears while letting out a cry of pain, as the extremely loud sound took her by surprise.

The sirens were followed by an even more unbearable silence. So she waited. Waited until she thought it was save again to leave. She slowly opened the door, at first just a gap wide to see if there's someone or something near, and then entirely to climb out and search for the generators to fix.

Wait. This is too easy.

She got to admit that getting through the first round was easy as long as she kept thinking logically. But this, this was way too easy. No heavy footsteps, no dead people, just silence.

Crack

Never mind. Janis didn't even bother to look back and ran for dear life. This time though, it was harder for her to escape the terrifying sound of the footsteps and the unnerving feeling of his breath on the back of Janis' neck. He still wasn't catching her. He still wasn't just killing her like he did with everyone else. As if he wanted to tease her until the very end. When there's no one there to save her. 

Her lungs were burning, her vision got blurry. She needed a break. But how? She still didn't wanna risk getting killed by this psychopath. That's when it hit her. She's surrounded by trees. easy to climb up. Next thing she knew was that she grabbed onto a branch pulling herself upwards. Climbing higher and higher until the entire sun shone onto her face.

First mistake. You're easier to spot during the day. You're too visible.

Janis looked down checking if he's still there. He was. Looking up at her, as if he was looking right into her soul. As if he was enjoying listening to Janis desperate attempt to catch her breath. But then, after minutes of staring he made his way into another direction, leaving her alone. She murmured a little 'thank god'. Relieved that she's finally alone.

Now that she had time to think she went through the options she had. Things she could do.

She needed to look for more people to survive this. But who's left?

Kevin, dead.

Shane - as much as she hates him -, dead

Aaron, dead.

Gretchen, dead.

Karen, dead.

Regina, dead.

But worst of all, Caddie...

The memories of Cady slowly bleeding out in her arms getting paler and colder with every second that passed, her dead eyes staring back at her, flooded Janis mind. Like a sudden wave hitting you without seeing it coming.

She held onto the promise ring Cady gave her on their first Christmas together back in Highschool, hoping that the familiar shape and the happier memories attached to it would calm her down a little. 

She still remembered that day so vividly. Cady felt bad that it was a little too small for her finger so Janis put a leather ribbon through it knotting the two ends together and wore it as a necklace. She never put it off ever since that day. And now it was the only thing left of Cady.

She began sobbing loudly. Not giving a single shit if the killer would find her again and kill her. The pain was too much. The woman she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, who made her smile and made her feel loved was gone. And it was her fault. She wasn't quick enough. She was too weak. 

After a few minutes of crying Janis got rudely interrupted by a "psst.... PSSSST"

This is it. Well the first half. This was more of an introduction the real killing starts in the fourth part. As always I hope you liked it and until next time, bye <3.