Does this girl work out? She must.

I miss going to the gym, that's why I wrote it. Have fun. :)

Cady took up a habit of working out ever since she started to go to university. It helped her to distract herself from the immense stress of finals and all the other shit that came with it. Her brain was still focused on numbers but only the numbers which tell her how fast and how much distance she ran on there treadmill. How many painful seconds of planking were left and how much weight she wanted to have on the bar that day. Usually it's not much but she's making progress.

That was until a certain girl started showing up in the weightlifting area.

She was about her age, tall, well toned, her mane of dark thick hair, bleached at the ends, was tied back into a high ponytail revealing well trained and defined shoulders. Her top and leggings were both tight fitting defining her long beautiful legs, waist and chest perfectly.

She adored the way her arm muscles tensed with every pull up, her face scrunched up with every over head press, the way her core looked even more defined every time she did bench presses and the way her knees were just slightly shaking every time she added more weight on her squat weight.

She was perfect in every way.

One day Cady was on the treadmill doing her usual run as she saw the girl walking past her to get some water. Their eyes meet for a second. Her eyes had the most beautiful shade of brown, like a pool of the thickest and darkest chocolate. She had a little smile on her face as she winked at her.

THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Cady was so startled that she tripped over her own feet almost falling off the treadmill. She heard a slight chuckle in the distance so she looked up only to see the girl looking back at her again, a little amused this time.

—————————

Janis needed a new hobby. She always thought she never needed something else than art but since she didn't want to start drawing digitally the canvases kept piling up, which drove Damian, her best friend and roommate, insane.

So one day she gave going to the gym a try again. Back in high school she was doing sports every day. She was addicted to it. But then after college started she never really found the time to do it. It was a pain in the ass to get back on track but she didn't regret it even a tiny bit. All the days of having sore muscles were worth it.

Not only was she getting back in shape and felt more comfortable in her body again, but there was this one girl doing mostly cardio work outs who simply looked... breathtaking.

She was smaller than her, thin but not too thin, beautiful locks of auburn hair tied up in a pony tail, but one strand was always falling out of it, never really staying in place like she wanted it to. She wore tight fitting sports leggings always combined with a different band shirt, tied up at the front making her toned stomach way too visible for her liking.

Does she want me to die from gay panic? In front of all these people?

She tried to play it cool but the smile she gave her when she walked past and the way she looked at her always sent a little shiver down her spine. Not in a bad way, but it was hard for her to not injure herself with the weights.

The girl must feel the same way because the other day when she walked past her to get a drink, Janis not only got to see the girls gorgeous crystal blue eyes, the girl also almost fell off the treadmill. It made her chuckle a little. She hoped that she was okay but the little tripping was just too cute.

—————————

Janis knew the gym like her own home by now. She could go through it blindly, so she wasn't always looking when she was going somewhere. It was no surprise when she bumped into someone on her way to the locker room.

„Sorry-"

Their eyes meet again. They're even more beautiful up close. Her hair was wet, freshly showered. She smelled like lavender, one of Janis favorite smells. Sweet yet calming.

She gave her a little smile. „It's fine"

That's just unfair. Janis thought as she looked after her when she was heading for the exit. Her voice. So soft and angelic. Janis wanted to hear her talk 24/7.

She started walking again still looking after the gorgeous girl until she walked against the door hitting her head pretty hard.

„Damn it." What was this girl doing to her. She didn't even know her name.

—————————

Cady was kind of disappointed when she entered the gym. Her favorite person - she didn't even know the name of - wasn't there. No welcoming smile as soon as she went by the weightlifting area which was her favorite part by now.

The only perk was that she could try to lift some weights herself again which she didn't do in a long time because she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of her.

Looking back at it, starting with the same weight she had on the bar the last time she did benchpresses was a bad idea.

After the first ten reps Cady felt her arms slowly getting weaker and weaker and at the end of her second set she couldn't get the bar up anymore. She tried. But she couldn't. Her arms gave in and the bar fell against her chest. It hurt a lot and Cady had a hard time breathing until someone lifted the weight off of her and put it back onto the rack. It was the girl again.

„Oh my god, are you okay?" She asked with serious concern in her voice, as she helped Cady sitting up slowly.

„Y- Yeah. I guess... Thank you uhh."

„Janis." She said with a little smile.

Janis. Her name was almost as beautiful as her appearance.

„Cady."

Janis helped her up slowly as Cady was still feeling a little dizzy. „That's why you always need a spotter, Caddie."

„Noted, but it's Cady"

„Yeah I'm gonna call you Caddie." she had a little smirk on her face as she went away, continuing her work out.

—————————

The next couple of times Cady went to the gym it was uneventful... Apart from the fact that she grew more and more attracted to Janis. They always talked while they're in the locker room and Cady knew now that Janis studies art at NYU, is 23 years old and actually grew up in Chicago.
But Cady wanted to know more. She didn't know what drew her so much to Janis but she just couldn't do anything against it.

 Was she going to act on it and ask for her number? No.

She was still too scared that Janis just wanted to be friendly and she was reading all of the things that happened over the last few weeks completely wrong. She just hoped that she didn't.
Cady was thinking about it over and over again, as she was struggling to unlock the locker she used that day. She was growing more and more frustrated until she heard a familiar voice close to her.
"You need to push it in a little first."
Cady jumped a little and realised that Janis was standing dangerously close to her. She could see the light film of sweat on her forehead and the slight flush on her cheeks from working out, her eyes even more stunning up close. She had a smile on her face which made Cady just melt on the inside.
Keep your shit together Heron.
"Wha-?" Cady said. Her voice a little shaky as she was still admiring Janis beauty.
"May I?"
Cady stepped aside as Janis effortlessly opened the locker door for her.
"Thanks."
"Ya welcome."
They both started to change and there was just silence filling the room. Cady couldn't really look at Janis without freaking out. She was too gorgeous. God really has his favourites.
As she was putting on her shoes almost ready to go someone placed a little piece of paper beside her gym bag, with a number scribbled on it. As she took a closer look she read If you're ever in need of a spotter again ;). Cady desperately tried to hide her smile until she heard Janis voice again.
"See you on monday Caddie" she said looking back at her one last time giving her a little wink.
Cady couldn't get a word out so she just waved and smiled back at her, looking forward to all the work outs she'll get to do with Janis.

This is it. Again I just really missed the gym that's how I came up with the idea xD. (Can the gyms open up already? :( And can Corona be gone now?)

 I hope you like it. As always have a nice day and until next time, bye. <3<3<3<3