I'm Here

It's a little bit shorter than usual but I actually like it xD. This is a sequel to another oneshot I made a year ago "You're alive" (As a little summary: Caddie got kidnapped, was gone for two months but they found her and Janis picked her up from the police station.) I always wanted a sequel to that one but I never wrote it for some reason. But here you have it. You don't necessarily have to remember You're Alive but if you want the context of all of it feel free to read that one first. Have fun :)

Cady heard a cackle and then with a flash of pain she was on her back, bewildered. The man hovering above her, panting, his hand still curled into a fist.

Her eye was throbbing and she could feel it slightly swelling already.

He came close to her brushing his thumb over her tearstained cheeks, mumbling something she couldn't hear. His words drowned out by the high pitched sound ringing in Cadys ears, caused by the rough and sudden contact her head made with the concrete.

He stood up again speaking louder. His screams now a muffled noise the words blending together, impossible for Cady to understand.

She wanted to answer but before she could speak she saw his foot swing out and connect with her ribs. Her breath got cut off. A spiking pain went through her right lung, coming back every time she tried to take a breath.

She hunched up on the floor, screaming in fear, pain and helplessness.

She cried out for mercy as he continued to punch and kick her, screaming at her that she's going to die.

She begged for mercy but also cried out for Janis. What she would give to just lay in her arms right now, listening to her heartbeat while Janis softly plays with her hair.

She cried out her name over and over again until she heard something in the distance.

"Caddie?" She instantly recognized the voice as Janis'.

"Caddie?! Caddie wake up! Wake up!"

Cady desperately gasped for air as she sat up in bed. Screaming from the top of her lungs until she eventually had no energy to scream anymore.

Suddenly she felt a set of arms placed around her shoulders, she tried to push them away, until she heard Janis soft voice speaking to her. Her breath slightly tickling her ear.

"Shhhh It's okay.. it's okay I'm here.. you're safe.." Janis grip tightened around Cady as she was rocking her gently, placing gentle little kisses onto her forehead.

She was home. Of course she was. She remembered Janis picking her up from the police station, taking her back home. She made her her favorite tea before they decided to go to bed. She remembered Janis carrying her to bed, giving her a goodnight kiss before she finally got to fall asleep in her arms.

She didn't know how long it took her to stop crying but eventually she was calmed by the soft motion of Janis toying with her hair and the sweet nothings she whispered into her ear.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Janis murmured, still not letting go of her almost as if she was scared that Cady would just vanish if she'd let her go.

"He- he was th- there.." Cady managed to choke out. "W- w- wanted to k- kill me.. you weren't there-" She got cut off by her own sobs, the memories of not only the dream but also the last two months were coming back. She didn't expect everything go back to normal the first day she'd get back, but she could've lived without it, considering that she lived that nightmare for two months until people found her.

Cady never really liked loud noises - she actually always tried to avoid them - but the sound of his door being kicked open, the shouting of the policemen, the heavy footsteps and the cry of pain her kidnapper let out were a blessing to her ears. The first time in two months she could breathe a little while she was getting warmed by the police jacket a nice lady put around her shoulders before slowly helping her up, yelling back to her colleagues that she found her.

Her breath hitched a little as her mind wandered to the question what would've happened if they didn't show up.

"It's okay peanut.. I'm here.. you're save" Cady smiled the tiniest bit at her nickname god how much she missed it. How much she missed being held by Janis, the little kisses on her forehead and the smell of peppermint tea, lemon and freshly opened paint surrounding her.

She got more and more comfortable in Janis arms until she heard her let out the tiniest sob, so quiet, muffled into her shoulder as if she didn't want Cady to hear it.

She pulled away a little and looked at her girlfriend. it was dark, only the moonlight was lighting up the room making Janis dark hair glow in a cool blue tone, it was a little disheveled but still beautiful. She had dark circles under her eyes, clearly visible in contrast to her pale skin, her eyes were a little reddened from crying and her cheeks were damp from the tears.

"What's wrong?" Cady asked, brushing her thumb lightly over her cheek, wiping the tears away.

Janis laughed a little trough her tears. "Nothing.. I'm just so glad you're here"

Cady smiled a little as she cupped Janis cheek, placing a gentle kiss onto her lips, before pressing their foreheads together.

"Me too.."

Janis tightened her grip around Cady again as she laid back, pulling her down with her. Her head now resting on Janis chest and both of Janis arms protectively wrapped around her she felt content and save for the first time in the last two months. It was just the two of them in their own little universe where nothing else matters. And even though she knew that this feeling wouldn't stay very long, for now it was enough for her to slowly let herself fall asleep again.

"I love you." Janis mumbled, equally as tired as she was.

"I love you too."

The last thing Cady felt was a gentle kiss placed onto the top of her head before she fully fell asleep.

And this is it. Finally I got myself to write this sequel xD Idk what to say to this sooo. As always I hope you like it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye. ♥️