Treat You Better (Reprise)

Okay hi. I thinks this is the softest thing I've ever written. Much soft Janis, much Caddie being in love, much gay. Also I made a Cadnis playlist I listened to while writing this. If you wanna hear it: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1ZGFruyko0kCqU0RzhoaLR?si=75c2fca089484d4c 

Have fun.

Janis grip around the steering wheel tightened.

This is it. She thought. The big day. 

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and for some, a terrifying one. It was the day of Janis and Cadys first actual date. The promise they made the last night of their unofficial honeymoon. The first step into something they both feared the most. Something unpredictable.

It has been a whole month since they've came back and, as much as Janis loved Cady, she was dreading the day. Today a dream would come true. But what if it turned into a nightmare? What if Janis disappoints Cady? What if it all goes entirely wrong? More and more doubts filled Janis as she anxiously looked out of the car window, directly onto the house Cady was still living in. 

She spotted her through the kitchen window, leaning against the counter tapping away on her phone. Her brows were furrowed and the expression on her face looked just as anxious as Janis felt right now. 

At least I'm not the only one. She sighed unbuckling her seatbelt and finally stepping out of the car, closing the door slightly harder than normal. She flattened her shirt, and fixed the collar of her flannel one last time until she reached the front door, her hand hovering over the doorbell in hesitation for a second.

Come on Sarkisian. You can do it.

"It's just Caddie" she murmured before finally ringing the bell, taking one step back from the door. 

Maybe that was the problem. Cady has been her best friend since High school. There was never something more between them, other than Janis endless pining. But now that she knew that Cady might feel the same way, it suddenly got terrifying. She would give anything to hold Cady close again, to touch her and kiss her like she did once before, but now that it wasn't just a fantasy anymore, it scared her.

Her head snapped up when she heard the door unlock and creak open.

"Hey." Cady said softly, immediately pulling her into a hug as she always did.

"Hey you." Janis murmured, slowly but surely relaxing in her embrace. The sweet, familiar smell of lavender filling her senses. It's just Caddie.

Janis reluctantly pulled away first, letting her hands linger for a moment more on her hips, taking her in. Cady was wearing a navy blue, short sleeved, flowing summer dress, going down to just above her knees, accompanied with black sandals. Her hair was tied up in a loose ponytail and for once she didn't wear make up. Janis smiled at how flawless her natural beauty really was...how all her cute freckles were showing, how long her lashes were and how kissable her soft, pink lips were.

"You look beautiful." Janis said, retrieving her hands from Cady, burying them into the pockets of her denim shorts. "I like the dress."

"Thank you... So do you." They smiled at each other, before suddenly Cady's expression changed into pure excitement as if she just remembered something. 

"And look it has pockets!" The redhead proudly presented the absolute necessary part of the dress, her eyes shining in excitement and her smile growing wider when Janis excitement matched hers.

After a few minutes of giving compliments back and forth Janis finally took Cady by the hand and lead her to her car, a lot calmer and ready to make this date finally happen.