A Very Cadnis Halloween

Guess who's back (back again)? It's been almost a month and Imma tell you as it is. I had no time writing anything but here I am with another Cadnis oneshot. I promise that I try to upload more regularly now. But for now have fun with this little something. It's the Halloween scene but with a little (okay actually really big) twist. Aka what would've happened if Damian wasn't there?

Worst. Halloween. EVER!
Janis thought as she tossed her phone onto her couch.
It was a bad day. Two of her paintings didn't turn out as planned, school just sucks in general and now Cady AND Damian cancelled their long awaited Halloween horror movie night. Cady got invited to Aarons stupid halloween party and Damian was on a date with his new boyfriend. She felt lonely. Still she told him to go, even though she desperately needed this, he got way too excited when he told her about Matt. She didn't have the heart to tell him.
So now here she was. Alone. On her favourite day of the year about to watch classic Horror movies on her own.
As Janis was about to call it a night because she has seen Jonny destroying the bathroom door with an axe for the hundredth time and she was bored to death, none other than Cady Heron storms into the room. Her eyes a little puffy and red from crying. To say that it scared the shit out of Janis is an understatement. But the shock was soon replaced by worry as soon as Janis saw Cadys tear stained face and the big beautiful crystal blue eyes filled with hurt and anger.
Janis instantly enveloped Cady into a tight hug, soothingly running her hand up and down her back.
"Oh honey what happened?" Janis asked softly.
"She took him back. Regina just took Aaron back.." Cady wailed burying her face into the crook of Janis neck holding onto her like she never did before.
"Of course she did.. she's a life ruiner." Janis muttered more to her self than to Cady but Cady still noticed it "This isn't even about Aaron or ruining anything. He didn't even really REALLY talk to me up until this point. And yeah he's nice and whatever, but I guess- Ugh I don't fucking know. My point is that I trusted her. I trusted her and she just used me to get back together with him talking shit about me to make me look like a crazy person I- why does someone do that? Did I do something wrong? I don't-"
Cady groaned in frustration. People really confuse her. Except for Janis. Janis is the only one who straight up tells her what she thinks, who's always honest with her, hugs her when she's scared, compliments her on the tiniest things and doesn't do weird remarks on her body. She's simply amazing. The best friend you could ask for. Which is why she doesn't even hesitate to ask:
"Can I stay here for the night?"
"Not in that dress" Janis chuckled "let me get some clothes for you real quick" Janis said as she ran upstairs to get clothes.
Cady took the time to look around. This room would be heaven on earth for any artist. The shelves were filled with books about art history, painting techniques, biographies of well known artists and sketch books which probably all belonged to Janis. It takes everything in Cady to not look through them. Finding out what masterpieces hide in there.
The drawers were filled with paint. All sorted by colour and brand. Every drawer had a little label on them.
Collections of brushes - also sorted by brand and brush size - laid on a table in the corner of a room, big boxes full of empty canvases underneath it.
Cady didn't even want to imagine how expensive all of this was. But the masterpieces Janis always creates on the canvases definitely make it worth the money. She was about to take a closer look on a current project, which seemed to be a portrait of someone, when Janis came in with an oversized Guns n Roses Hoodie - which she got from the "here today... gone to hell theatre tour" - and some leggings which were definitely too long for Cadys legs. Janis was 5 inches taller after all.
"Thank you... for everything."
"What did I do now?" Janis asked with a grin but also with a hint of confusion in her voice.
"Uhhh you know for being my friend, being there for me when I need you, putting up with my shit and simply having my back." Janis smiled while making her way up to her again. Then she placed a small, gentle kiss on Cadys forehead and said "I'll always be there for you." She smiled at her again "You're my little Caddie" Cadys heart melted at the statement. Is this what having a real crush feels like?
In fear that Janis would notice that she was blushing she quickly turned around and mumbled that she's going to go change, leaving a grinning Janis behind.
—————
Janis waited (im)patiently for Cady to come back, laying on the couch with her eyes focused on the constellations she painted on the ceiling. She's happy that Cady is here. And she was actually relieved that Aaron didn't want Cady as his girlfriend which was probably the most selfish thing she ever thought up until this point. But she couldn't help it. She was in love with her. And with every day she got to spend with Cady she fell deeper and deeper in love with her favourite little redhead.
She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice that Cady came back downstairs until, without any warning, she threw herself onto Janis, laying ontop of her body while her arms snaked around under and her head rested upon her chest.
"Could've used a little warning there Caddie." Janis groaned, Cady literally almost knocked out all the air from her lungs. She brushed her hands through Cadys long hair.
"But I need Janis hugs right now.." Cady mumbled, burying her face into Janis hoodie.
"Then you get all the Janis hugs you need" Janis chuckled, still toying with Cadys hair with one hand and with her other arm tightly wrapped around her waist.
"Do you feel a little better?" She asked after a while of just laying there in comfortable silence.
Cady just nodded weakly and mumbled something incoherent. Already half asleep.
Janis chuckled to herself placing a kiss on the top of her head "I love you Caddie Cat"
"I love you too.." Cady replied giving Janis a light kiss on her jawbone before fully falling asleep.
Janis couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.
Best. Halloween. EVER.

So this is it. I hope you like it. I have to get back into the flow again I'm sorry. But I will try to bring more content in the future. Aaaaand yeah as always, have a nice day and until next time bye.✌️