That didn't go as planned (1)

I'm back. This is going to be divided into parts because it got way too long so here you have the first one. I don't really know how to describe this story but theres very much DRAMA. I feel bad that Aaron is kind of a jerk in this story but hey. This is a Cadnis book.. not Caaron😂 TW: The d-slur is coming up once. 

Cady always had a certain idea of how her life should look like. A plan of what would make her happy. And up until this point it was going pretty well. She was married to her highschool crush, was teaching math at the NYU, had a nice and cozy house and great friends who always supported her.
But something still felt off.
Aaron felt it too. He grew more and more distant over the last few months. He took more shifts at work, cancels date nights more and more often and if they are on a date he isn't fully there. It felt weird, considering that he really fought for this relationship. They both did. So what changed?
Cady couldn't put her finger on what it really was but something kept her from being truly happy. And it all started just a couple of months ago. The day Janis fully came back into her life.
————
Janis and Cady never really lost contact but it still wasn't the same. Janis and Damian both moved to New York after graduation. Janis got into a school for visual arts and Damian studied musical theatre at the NYU. Even though it was hard to say good bye Cady was extremely happy for them. Happy that they got to live their dream. They still talked on FaceTime every day and still kept up with the tradition to do a horror movie marathon on Halloween every year but it was weird to not live a five minute walk away from each other, to not be able to just come over and talk about their days or just hang out together.
But it all changed again THE DAY Cady moved to New York. Cady had to fly out a few days later than Aaron because of work and he couldn't pick her up from the airport also because of work. So Janis volunteered to pick her up. And oh boy she did not disappoint.
It was just a two hour flight but Cady was exhausted nonetheless.
After passing customs, getting her stamp and finding her luggage she slowly made her way to the terminal.
And that's when she saw it.
Janis was always a little extra. But the sign she was holding up just topped everything she's ever done for Cady. It was a big canvas with the silhouette of the African savannah in different shades of pink painted on it. On top of that there's in a beautiful shade of red "welcome home Caddie <3" written in perfect cursive.
Cadys tired expression on her face got replaced by a wide grin and maybe a few tears of joy as soon as she saw Janis, as always wrapped in her heavy green jacket, shorts and fishnets and her hair still shaved on the left side with bleached ends. She was jumping up and down holding the very big and probably very heavy sign over her head, shouting Cadys name as soon as she came into view.
Cady started running into her direction. Both let their belongings fall onto the ground crashing together in the middle of the room. Cady threw her arms around Janis neck burying her face into it, slightly shaking out of excitement. Janis wrapped her arms around her waist tightly, picking her up and spun her around.
"Hey Peanut."
Cadys heart instantly skipped a thousand beats. Janis always came up with new nicknames for her over the years but Peanut was her favourite one by far. Even though it always reminded her how small she really is compared to her best friend.
"Hey art freak" she chuckled slowly letting go of Janis "How are you doing?"
"Good now that you're here.." Janis said with a smirk on her face while picking up her canvas and Cadys luggage. "..It got a little boring with just Damian around. And don't even start this shit like 'you don't need to carry my luggage'. You know damn well I will."
Cady smiled, blushing slightly. Janis always carries her luggage when she comes to visit no matter how small or big the suitcase is. Cady literally is never allowed to carry it herself.
They made their way up to Janis car and started heading towards Cadys and Aarons house.
"Wanna get a coffee on the way?" Janis asked smiling over at Cady.
Her eyes grew big full of excitement as she said in a tiny childish voice "Starbucks?"
Janis shook her head and smiled how can someone be that cute? "Starbucks it is."
————
Cady had to admit that this day and all the days she got to spend with Damian and Janis were the happiest days of her life. Just being with the people you have a deep connection with feels amazing. But doesn't it supposed to feel like that when she's with Aaron too?
At the beginning it did. But then something suddenly changed. And she was getting the feeling that it started way before they got to New York.
Little did Cady know that it was about to get way worse.
It started off as a great day. They both had a day off so they stayed in bed a while longer just cuddling and talking about what they wanna do together. Aaron made an amazing breakfast with pancakes, freshly pressed orange juice, coffee and scrambled eggs. Probably not the most healthy thing but it was amazing anyways.
They took a long walk through the central park and at some point just sat down on the bench holding hands with Cadys head resting on Aarons shoulder. For the first time in what felt like forever Cady felt this feeling of pure happiness again... until Janis came by.
Sometimes when Cady and Janis hang out she brings her sketchbook and some pencils in case she gets sudden ideas or simply gets into the mood to draw. Cady doesn't mind. Mostly she just sits beside Janis asking a bunch of questions or starts reading a book. That's the best thing about spending time with Janis. They don't necessarily need to do something together. Having each others company is all they need to be happy. Last time Janis was at Cadys and Aarons place she forgot her sketchbook which is why she came by to just pick it up and then leave them to it again.
Of course that didn't go as planned. All three of them had a coffee together and had a little catch up about what has been going on the last couple of days. As Janis left she extended her hand to shake Aarons, already knowing that she will never get a hug from him. Even on his and Cadys wedding day he refused to hug Janis. Cady on the other hand threw her Arms around Janis hugging her as tight as she can like she always does.
"See you tomorrow Peanut." Janis said smiling at her. Then she turned to Aaron one last time giving him a little wave and left.
There was a moment of silence as they went back into the living room.
"So what now?" Cady asked with a little bit of a flirty hint in her voice smirking at Aaron.
"I don't know Peanut. you tell me." Aaron said. Mocking the way Janis always calls her. It sounded cruel. Not sweet like when Janis says it. Apart from that, only Janis is allowed to call her that.
"Excuse me?!" Cady looked at him questioningly. What is going on?
"Oh so she's allowed to give you nicknames and I'm not?"
Cady took a deep breath before speaking. "First of all 'Peanut' is Jan's nickname for me. Not yours. Second this isn't about the nickname this is about how you treat and talk about my friends."
"What are you even talking about?" Aaron laughed. Kind of confused but also angry?
And that was the moment Cady snapped.
"Oh I don't know maybe giving them only one word answers, not even greeting them or saying goodbye when they come here, getting pissed every time I talk only the slightest bit about Jan and her art or even about Damian and the musical he's starring in. PLUS you literally wanted to keep me from seeing them. Every time I wanted to visit when it wasn't for an art show or our Halloween tradition you always, ALWAYS came up with something just to cancel it one day before it actually should've happened. You really think I wouldn't notice that?! Do you really think I'm that fucking dumb?! No! I still did it because I was trying to make you happy! I was letting my BEST FRIENDS, who supported me even when no one else did, down just to keep this going! And what do I get in return? Literally. NOTHING!"
Aaron went quiet for a minute.
"Well it's not fucking easy to be in a constant competition with them."
What the actual-
"AARON WE'RE MARRIED! HOW ARE THEY A COMPETITION?!"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL HANGING ONTO JANIS! Are we really just gonna ignore the fact that you two dated until the end of high school?"
"Aaron don't start this..." Cady said, trying to avoid the topic thay already had several arguments about.
"WHY? Because it's true?" Aaron asked looking at Cady expectingly.
"Aaron Highschool was almost a decade ago! Besides, you know that the relationship between Janis and I was more than just love..."
"...and not everything has to end on bad terms." Aaron interrupted. You could tell that he was annoyed by that particular comment. "I know. You told me that at least a million times. Why do I still simply not believe you? You still blush everytime she calls you any of her stupid nicknames. You still hug her in a way you would never hug me. You still look at her like you did when you two were still dating. You still cuddle up when you're watching movies together and even if Damian is with you.. that still doesn't feel right.... I don't know what else to say... But I don't want you to have any contact with that fucking space dyke anymore."
"What did you just say?!" Cadys blood was boiling as soon as the two words came out of his mouth.
"You heard me."
There was a long thick pause.
"You're sleeping on the couch tonight Aaron. And if you ever even dream about calling Janis a space dyke ever again... there will be consequences."
And with that Cady went upstairs.
————
The next day felt like hell. She always felt sick after fighting with Aaron. But this time it hurt even more because he was right. Her feelings for Janis never fully went away. There was always this little spark just waiting to evolve into a fire again. But she tried to ignore it as good as she could because she really loved Aaron.
So she cancelled the plans with her art freaks and headed straight back home to talk to Aaron.
They both understood but also told her that she was free to join the party if she wants to talk. Another reason why she loved them both. They are always there twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

As she came back home she found the house empty.
That's odd. Cady thought. Aaron should be done working by now. She called out his name but no answer.
She started looking around the house.
Living room - empty. Kitchen - empty. Bathroom - empty. Office - no sign of Aaron. Dining room - nothing.
It wasn't until she reached the bedroom when she heard Aarons voice mumbling something incoherent. She opened the door without knocking and started talking right away.
"Hey Aaron I think we should talk about-" she froze in shock. Her mouth hang open and her eyes widened. Aaron was laying in bed with the sheets covering his body. But the thing which made Cady want to vomit at this point was that her side of the bed wasn't empty. And even worse, she knew the person who took her place.

So this is the first part. I hope you like it and the second part is almost done so it won't take long😂✌️
By the way this is Janis sign she held up when she picked Caddie up from the airport: way👏too👏extra👏 I know. Anyways. See y'all next time, have a nice day, bye♥️

 See y'all next time, have a nice day, bye♥️