Dead by Daylight (4)

Second part (well fourth) which got way too long too so there will be another one. but that will be the last one I swear xD. Have fun.

Janis wiped her tears away and looked around. There she was, right in the tree next to her. The last person she would've expected to meet here.

"Ms Norbury?" Janis called out, with a hint of confusion in her voice. She didn't even try to keep her voice low anymore. He knew she was here. And if he really wanted to kill her right away he would already have done that.

And instead of desperate attempts to keep Janis quiet, Ms Norbury just gave her a warm smile. "Sharon. Not the right time for formalities."

"Okay then.. Sharon" Janis let out a little chuckle. Followed by more silence.

"She's dead isn't she?"

Ouch. Janis could only nod, knowing very well who Sharon was talking about. The grip on her ring tightened as she spoke up.

"Got shot. Right in front of me. I was too slow." Her voice cracked at the end of the sentence, more tears falling down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry dear." Sharon said, getting a little emotional herself. Even though Cady wasn't her student anymore, the redhead still had a special place in her heart.

The rest of the day they mainly sat in silence waiting until it got dark. Both decided that they shouldn't stick together. The chance of one of them getting killed only increased if they would. They both climbed down the trees again finally giving each other a long awaited hug, before going their ways. And it felt good. Janis could finally relax at least a tiny bit for a couple of seconds.

"Thank you Sharon."

"No need to thank me" after a pause she added "I see you on the other side." giving Janis a little wink. Just then Janis got shoved away from her by a strong hand and fell hard onto her back.

Oh No.

Before Janis could even do anything, The killer grabbed Sharon slitting her throat open from ear to ear in one smooth motion. Blood splashed onto Janis' shirt.

"NO!!!" Janis cried out. Not her.

She froze for a second. She thought it would get easier considering that she saw so many people dying in front of her. But it didn't. It still hurts so much watching the life fading out of someones eyes.

She jumped up and started running again as fast as she could. Hoping that she could escape him sooner this time.

As she finally shook him off she came to a stand at a way too familiar lake with a cross standing right in the middle of it. She still remembered Karens lifeless body nailed onto it. A scene she never wanted to see again. She got pulled out of her thoughts by a generator being in plain sight just a few feet away from her.

She looked around first before approaching the machine making sure that she's really alone. To Janis surprise she actually remembered how to fix them. With quick experienced hands she got it to work again and she felt a little bit of pride when she heard the signal.

This little moment got interrupted though by two arms grabbing her by the waist, dragging her away from the machine. Janis let out a nerve wrecking scream of terror. She tried to wriggle herself out of his grip kicking and punching him as hard as she could. Her attempts getting more and more desperate as she realized that he was dragging her into the lake.

The cross.

"NO! NONONONONONONONO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!" It was about to happen. Janis was about to get crucified. How ironic, considering that she didn't believe in religion at all she was about to die the same death as the savior himself.

She screamed for help hoping that someone would risk it for her. Hoping that this isn't the end.

Suddenly she got slammed against the hard piece of wood and two other hands held her steady under her arms from behind. She couldn't remember that there we're two killers working together. But her thought process got interrupted by a very low, raspy, and over all unsettling  voice which made every hair on Janis' body stand up.

"This is going to hurt. Really, really bad." he growled, a vicious chuckle following after, before it got drowned out by Janis scream.

The man in front of her placed the sharp side of a nail onto the palm of Janis' hand, thrusting it into her hand with a hammer, pinning her against the cross. The pain hit like a wave throughout her whole body. Her muscles tensed and she squeezed her eyes shut as she screamed and cried for help. Hot tears burning against her cold skin. As the screams began to die down into tiny wimpers, this time begging to end it already, the second nail followed into the other hand.

The killers left her screaming and crying desperately trying to get out of this position. No one came for help, and now she slowly got an idea how Karen must've felt hanging here. New tears were falling down her cheeks but this time not only because of the immense pain, but also because of the haunting memories of Karens dead body. 

As the screaming died down again, too tired to continue, she tried to think how to get out of here, still letting out tiny sobs out of pain once in a while.

She knew exactly what she had to do to get out of this mess. Even though she lost a lot of energy she could still try to rip the nails out. Or... to rip her hands off of  the cross. It would leave an even bigger hole but better that than dying a slow and painful death.

Ugh FUCK ME!

She let out a deep breath preparing herself for the pain as she clenched her hand into a fist and pulled her arm away from the Bar as hard as she could. And it worked. She let out a yelp, trying to be as quiet as possible, hoping that they won't catch her doing it. The nail was still sticking in her hand but at least one arm was free. She bent over to the other side, pushed against the bar with the free hand and pulled the other one away.

She fell forward into the water sinking into the lake. The wounds on her hands were burning as soon as she hit the water. She screamed again, hoping that no one on the other side of the surface could hear her. It didn't take long for her to lose her orientation, the fact that it was dark didn't really help her either.

The 3 seconds which went by already felt like ages. She felt herself growing more and more tired. her lungs were hurting, almost as if they were shrinking inside of her body. But her body still relaxed. Was this the end?

All of the sudden someone grabbed her arms again pulling her up.

As soon as her head was out of the water again she inhaled sharply, trying to get as much oxygen as she could. She heard a voice right beside her ear, which still felt like it was far in the distance murmuring soothing words to her such as "I got you" and "You're going to be okay."  

Janis felt the nails still sticking in her palm, burning like hell, as she held onto the person for dear life.

It felt like years until they got on land which was probably just one or two minutes considering that it wasn't that big. She felt weak, tired. Her hands were burning, blood flowing over her palms and underarms. As soon as Janis body hit the ground everything went black.

This is it for now. I hope you like it and as always, until next time, bye <3