We're dead! We're dead, we're dead, we're dead!

Disclaimer: This is not my best work because I wrote half of it while going through the withdrawal process of taking sedatives. (Everything's fine now don't worry. #justepilepsythings) Have it anyways because I don't want it to go to waste xD. 

Another Disclaimer: This is a story taking place in the Treasure Planet Universe. Aka it's directly based on the movie. (Minutes 35:20-41:15) Scientifically speaking this whole thing doesn't make sense at all. It's a Disney movie so please just go with it xD.

On the clearest of nights, when the winds of the Etherium were calm and peaceful, Janis always felt the safest she's ever been. The stars shining above and beneath her and the calming creaking sounds of the ship floating through space were putting Janis mind at ease. All the dangers and risks seemed far away, like they were at the far edge of the galaxy.

But this time it didn't quite work. She was laying on the floor of the deck, very close to the railing at the very front. It was the perfect stargazing spot but this time she couldn't really enjoy it. The spot beside her unusually empty. The stars seemed dull and the night felt colder than usual.

It was a weird day. The twentieth day of their journey to be exact. And it was by far the worst.

She swallowed at the thought of the supernova. The roaring sound of the explosions was still ringing in her ears and she still felt the claustrophobic feeling, of getting sucked into a black hole, inside her bones.

She did nothing all night except for reliving this day over and over again inside her head, wondering what could've happened if anything went any differently.

———

It was kind of a lazy day on the R.L.S. LEGACY. Well for Janis at least. The crew was mostly doing their work, Mr. Hubbard was on patrol and so Janis found herself at noon in her stateroom on the couch, playing absentmindedly with her girlfriends hair.

Well... on deck during work hours Astrophysicist Dr. Cady Heron was her colleague and much needed advisor - because god forbid you show any feelings as the captain of a ship - but behind closed doors she was so much more than that.

She was her friend, her partner, the love of her life, maybe even her soulmate. Even though Janis didn't believe in such childish things.

„What are you thinking about?" Cady murmured, tipping her head up from beneath Janis chin. Her eyes were half closed and she had a loving, but also very tired smile on her face as she looked at her.

„You." Janis grinned, tucking a loose strand of hair behind Cady's ear.

Cady gasped theatrically. „Don't say that too loud, or people might think you're growing fond of me."

„Mmh. We don't want that."

„No."

Cady let out a giggle and Janis leaned in to kiss her gently. She smiled against the smaller woman's lips feeling time and space slowly fading away...

A scream startled them and the clattering sound of books, maps and compasses falling off the shelves made them stand up abruptly, just to fall right back onto the floor. The ship groaned and made a sharp manoeuvre to the right side.

„What the devil-"

„Good heavens..." Cady gasped as she turned towards the window. "The star Pelusa... it's gone supernova!"

They looked out of the window, watching as the star was erupting into a massive explosion near them. Even from the distance they could feel the warmth of it on their skin. A beautiful phenomenon from afar yet too dangerous for them this close.