What I've Been Looking For (2)

So this is the second Part of the story (which wasn't even planned so it's a liiiiiiittle bit short). Hope you enjoy.☺️☺️☺️

Janis was frantically pacing around the room. It has only been a few hours since she and Cady had their little moment in the auditorium together. Well.. was it even a moment? For all she knew she went in for a kiss and Cady just ran away. Perfect. Damian just sat on the couch watching his best friend practically going insane until he finally stood up and grabbed Janis by her shoulders.
„Jan, Jan look at me. Please." Damian said in the softest voice possible trying to hide his nervousness. „Tell me what exactly happened and for the love of god please stop running around the room like a maniac."
Janis felt a lump in her throat. The thing she was scared of the whole time actually happened. And she didn't really know how to deal with that. She slowly sat down letting out a shaky breath.
„It's Caddie.. I did something really really dumb."
„And that dumb thing would be...." he trailed off waited for Janis to finish.
„I actually tried to kiss her." Silence. Damian wasn't really impressed. He barely could suppress an eye roll.
„And?" He asked. As if he was waiting for the bad part of the story.
„Well god hates me so the bell rang and Caddie just ran off as if she was actually scared of me" Janis put her face in her hands groaning loudly. „She probably hates me" Damian could tell she was about to cry.
Another eyeroll.
This girl is lucky that he loves her so much. He soothingly ran his hand up and down her back trying to calm her down a little because he knew she won't like the next thing he's about to say.
„Honey let's be real. It could be way worse. Maybe it just put her really off guard. You know Caddie. She sometimes has weird ways to cope with certain situations." Janis let out a little laugh. Damian was right. Even though Cady has been in America for some time now she's still socially really awkward. But that's weirdly one of the things Janis really loves about her.
„Okay." Janis eventually said and stood up. Ready to go to Cadys house, walking out of the door without another word.
„...okay?" Damian said. Surprised by his best friends action. She never did something like this before. Cady must really be something special to her she'd never do that for a little highschool crush.
————————
Janis stood outside of the Herons house debating one last time if she should really knock on the door or just run back to Damian and pretend she never left. But before she knew it she was knocking on the door and Mrs. Heron greeted her with a warm smile inviting her in telling her that Cady's up in her room.
She slowly walked up the stairs. Her heart pounding inside her chest she could practically hear her heartbeat. She could still run. But she has to know.
She was about to knock on Cadys door when she heard it. The voices of Drew Seeley and Vanessa Hudgens singing „What I've Been Looking For (Reprise)". Janis smiled to herself. Should she come in now or should she.. never mind. She accidentally pushed down the door handle and practically fell into Cadys room. And she always said Cady was clumsy.
„Janis?" Cady looked at her best friend interrupting her thoughts.
„Hiiiiiii....." Janis stretched out the i a little out of embarrassment. Off to a great start.
Cady helped Janis up. As she stands their faces were just inches apart again until Cady turned around to turn the volume down a little. The room was filled just with uncomfortable silence coming from both girls.
„Can we talk?" Janis eventually asked.
Cady patted the spot on her bed beside her indicating for her to sit down next to her. Janis gladly takes the offer.
„Soo about earlier..." Janis started. „I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me. Maybe the heat of the moment, maybe the fact that I'm really in love with you or maybe..." Janis stopped for a moment „oh shit did I say that out loud?" Janis asked. Standing up from the bed terrified by now.
Cady just nodded not really knowing what to say or how to react. Did Janis really like her... back?
Janis continued rambling trying to kind of explain herself and telling her that she doesn't want to lose one of the best friendships she ever had in her life. Cady didn't really take notice of anything Janis said. Her only thought was Now or never. She took a step forward, grabbed Janis by the collar and kissed her firmly. Janis froze at first but then kissed her back with the same enthusiasm putting her arms around Cadys waist pulling her even closer. Janis never felt like this before. Everything around them was a blurr. The music was now just like a little melody in the distance.
As they pulled away their foreheads were touching both just smiling until Cady said:
„I love you too" instantly after that Janis recognised the refrain of her favourite Disneysong.

This could be the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you
And now looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart
The start of something new

She just started laughing Cady joining right after.
„Admit it. That was planned." Janis said still giggling a little.
„Nooo" Cady said innocently leaning in for another kiss.

*sigh* so many childhood memories. I was 7 when it came out. (Yes I'm that old)
The next part will be also part of the series but a different story. Have a nice day☺️