№39|Aura Imprints

№39|Aura Imprints
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

The next morning, Julius sat in an impenetrable box as Barron’s group of wolves gathered around it. “19 years.” Vanessa circled the box. “That’s how long mom and dad have been gone.”

“Awe, what’s wrong? Daddy’s little princess mad?” Julius teased.

Vanessa snarled but continued, “19 years without mom and dad… and now… after 19 years… we have a chance to find them.”

“And I can get my money!” Julius smirked. “Which I rightfully deserve!”

“You don’t deserve anything, you pompous little bitch!” Barron growled, pounding his fist on the box. “I can’t believe you! Those are our parents, and you traded them like cattle!!”

“Not necessarily cattle, more like merch.” Julius smirk only grew. “Really, really, expensive merch.”

“How could you just sell the lives of the Alpha and Luna?” Montego glared daggers at him.

“How could you look up to wolves as weak as them?” Julius scoffed, rolling his eyes.

“Ulysses and Enyo were the best Alpha couple this pack has ever seen,” Lawrence turned towards Barron and Medusa, “sorry…”

“It’s true though.” Barron smiled, chuckling softly. “I know I could never beat my parents.”

“I don’t see why you adore those pitiful excuses for an alpha couple.” Julius shook his head, sighing slightly.

“What do you have against them?” Ayame questioned.

“You don’t know what they did… they’re not the picture perfect Alpha couple you believe they are.” Julius scrunched up his fist.

“Mom and dad were amazing people.” Vanessa folded her arms over her chest. “You’re the one who’s rotten.”

“I’m rotten?” Julius gasped dramatically. “Such harsh words, Vanessa! You kiss your fleshie with that mouth?”

Vanessa lunged forehead to attack Julius, but fell victim to Malakai’s soft embrace. “Don’t let him push your buttons.”

Vanessa growled at her brother before melting into Malakai’s embrace. Julius laughed at his sister. “Gods and goddesses… you're just like father... weak to his mate’s touch!”

“Father was never weak!” Vanessa defended, her eyes flashing a deep scarlet.

“Yes, he was, and you know it!” Julius shot back. “If it weren’t for you and Barron, I would’ve been the alpha… not Barron!! If you just mind your damn business I would’ve been alpha!”

“You think I was gonna stand by as you beat the living hell out of mom and dad! Those are our parents, Julius, our parents. Kids don’t hit their parents, Julius!” Barron slammed his hand against the box. “That’s not how it fucking works!!”

“Do you think I care? About them? About you?” Julius laughed mockingly. “I care about my money.” Julius sounded out every syllable of the greedy word. “So I don’t care what those dragons do to them, as long as I get my money, I’m one happy wolf.”