№17|The Night Before Court

◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Declan starred aimlessly out the window in sadness, Bianca came up behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist, and resting her head on his shoulder. “Are you okay?”

“No,” Declan’s eyes glanced down at his arm in a sling, “my arms broken, my compound is destroyed, and my little brother is going to Werewolf Court.”

“You said it was okay for Barron to take him to Court.” Bianca reminded him.

“I know,” Declan sighed deeply.

“You’re not having second thought, are you?” Biance questioned, looking up at him.

“No,” he kissed the ring on her finger, “it’s just… I can't believe he took it this far…”

“Baby, you knew this was coming.” Bianca whispered softly as she kissed along his neck. “You’ve been so stressed ever since you woke up.”

“What do you expect, Bianca?! My baby brother is a monster! I don't even know what he is anymore…” Declan frowned. He felt ashamed. He had promised his parents on their deathbed that he’d take care of Kirkland and now he had failed them.

“I want you to relax.” Bianca muttered, pulling him down onto the bed. “Let’s just breathe… look into each other's eyes.” She stroked his cheek, gazing into his chocolate brown eyes. “You have beautiful eyes, Declan.”

“Your beautiful onyx put my brown to shame.” Declan chuckled, tapping her nose. Bianca giggled.

“Don't worry, Declan.” Bianca snuggled up to his chest. “Kirkland brought this upon himself. He’ll pay for what he did.” She kissed his lips. “I promise.”

Meanwhile, Barron called an emergency meeting. The wolves fled upstairs in Barron’s room and gathered inside.

“You could’ve warned me about this meeting.” Medusa scolded, wrapping her robe around her body. “I was in a very short night dress.” She muttered, tying the ribbon of her robe around her waist.

“You look beautiful either way.” Barron smiled, sitting down in the lounge chair. Medusa sat beside him.

“Why did you call us up here, Barron? It’s 3am.” Kwame groaned, rubbing her eyes as she rested in Dr. Lycia’s lap.

“Because,” Barron stood up and walked over to his desk to grab his tablet. After a few taps, a hologram of Kirkland popped up, “we need to select who’s going to be in Werewolf Court as well as study our opponents.”

“Opponents? As in more than one?” Medusa turned towards him. “I thought you were just fighting Kirkland.”

“No. Depending on the problem you're trying to settle, it’s either one-on-one battles or team battles.” Barron shortly explained.

“I can’t wait to kick Kirkland’s ass!” Chelia cheered, punching a fist into her palm.

“Only wolves can participate, Chelia.” Barron said. Chelia frowned.

“Stupid rules…” She pouted slightly.

“You better kick his ass for me, then.” Chelia pointed her finger at Barron, glaring at him.