№3|Headaches

№3|Headaches
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“There she is… the one we’ve been searching for…” A raspy voice spoke, leaning over the cauldron. She looked up to face her fellow hooded figures that were surrounding the cauldron. “Find her! We need her for the ritual!”

With that, the hooded figures disappeared in puffs of black smoke. The original hooded figure looked back at the cauldron. “Soon we’ll have her eyes’ sisters and then nothing will stop us!”

Medusa winced, getting a sudden headache. “Ow…” She muttered.

“Is something wrong, Medusa?” Barron asked, Medusa nodded, not wanting to be a bother. 

“Yeah, I’m good,” Medusa shook it off, “Barron, do you mind if I interview you?”

“Sure, we can do the interview in my office.” Barron said, opening the door to his office. Medusa sat on the couch while Barron sat in the chair in front of her, facing Medusa who had a pen and pad ready.

“How long have you been Alpha?”

“2 years. I’m actually the youngest alpha in history.” Barron replied rather proudly.

“How old are you?” She questioned. 

“29. You?” Barron asked. 

“28.” Medusa replied. “Who was the last Alpha before you?”

Barron tensed. “Julius WhiteClad. He was my older brother. He ruled over the pack with an iron fist… he was ruthless and used fear to force the others to do his bidding.”

“And how do we know you're any different from your brother?”

Barron glared at her slightly. “I’m not, believe me. The tour we had before this interview should be enough to prove to you that I strive to be a fair and kind alpha unlike my brother.”

“What customs do werewolves have?”

“Well, there’s many customs us werewolves have. One of which is hunting.” Barron explained, watching as one of the members walked past with a deer carcass.

“What do you hunt and why?”

“Normally we just hunt whatever’s around, however I strictly forbid hunting pregnant animals and their cubs. As to why we hunt... it’s not only how we get our food, but it's also how we get our exercise, and it allows the wolf in us to roam free for a while. Plus, the bigger the kill, the better you feel about yourself.”

“Why is that?”

“I think it’s the wolf side of us. I know when I go out on a hunt and bring back some huge elk, I feel this sense of pride and honor.”

“Oooh! So it’s a pride thing! The wolves seem to have some complex where you are all very determined to get the bigger kill.” Medusa wrote down, nodding her head slightly. “This is great stuff.”

“Do you have any traditions - AGH!” Medusa yelled suddenly, clutching the sides of her head in pain.

Medusa...we will find you...no matter what it takes...we’ll kill anyone to get to you…!